Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chez Zee

Here's to being one of the last remaining people at SRD. Most residents have gone home for the holidays, but being an RA means we get to stay until the day the dorm closes, which is tomorrow at 9am. I can't wait to get home to Houston!

Last night, most of the RA's went out for dessert to celebrate one of our RA's birthdays. Her actual birthday was on Sunday, but she unfortunately had to spend her birthday studying for a Monday final, so we decided we would celebrate Monday night instead.

Madi and I before we left for the restaurant

7/9 RA's in front of our beautiful Christmas tree!

We went to Chez Zee, a restaurant that is known for it's delectable desserts. I had never been there before and I am pretty sure that is the restaurant I will want to go to for my graduation lunch (no harm in planning ahead, right?) It was so cute and the food looked delightful. However, we were there to tackle dessert.

We ended up ordering just one dessert, the Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake, because the person whose birthday it is gets a complimentary Lemon Rosemary Cake. Both looked absolutely incredible. It was a wonderful evening and it helped that we had a really personable waiter who told us some really cool stories about waiting tables in Montana and Hawaii. Talk about living the good life!

The Birthday Girl celebrating her 20th birthday!
Workout

I went to sleep last night with the thought that I was going to wake up and go for a run immediately, just to get it out of the way. I was starving when I woke up, so I decided to eat and pack up my room before going for a run. I ended up running about 5 miles but it was SO muggy outside, so it was definitely one of my more difficult runs. My thoughts while running were that it can't possibly be the middle of December! I did a few lunges and calf raises down in the gym after my run, but all I can say is, I'm pretty darn excited to get back to the MAC tomorrow! There's no place like home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS