Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's 2012! I can't believe how fast these years have flown by. I remember ringing in 2010 - my graduation year - like it was yesterday! What a ride it has been!

New Year's 2009 with my friends Will, Sam, and Mary Ellen
My New Year's Eve was delightful, and if my night was any indication of how 2012 is going to be, it is going to be a great year! My best friend, Gayle, and I started the night off by attending the movie 'New Year's Eve' - the one that so many actors and actresses and was produced by the same people who produced Valentine's Day. I had heard mixed reviews about the movie, but I wanted to see it anyway, and it was so cute! It was the perfect movie to see on New Year's Eve and if anything, it reinforced my desire to one day be in New York City to ring in the new year! We then headed over to Cyclone Anaya's - a mexican restaurant in City Centre - that came highly recommended by my parents. They love that restaurant, in fact, I gave them a gift card to that restaurant for Christmas! Gayle told me that she had been there before and it was awesome, so we made the executive decision to have dinner there.
Sidenote: Gayle and I both are probably the most indecisive people ever. So for us to make this decision this quickly was a monumental moment!



Photos courtesy of Cyclone Anaya's City Centre Facebook Group
The restaurant was not as crowded as we expected, and we saw many interesting people and outfits in there! Everything on the menu looked delightful, and I finally decided on the fish tacos with a side of black bean soup and I can not stop thinking about how good they were. They had the perfect amount of flavor and I will definitely be going back for the fish tacos, as well as to try other items off the menu.

We then headed over to Eddie V's to sit on the roof and eat dessert while watching the ball drop in Times Square. We had quite an experience while at Eddie V's, I'll just leave it at that! We looked over the dessert menu and while everything looked fantastic, we realized we were still extremely full from dinner so we settled on the Seasoned Berries with Whipped Cream on top and they really hit the spot! Sweet, yet refreshing on the hot, humid night.

Gayle and I waiting for the fireworks to start!
After finishing our dessert and watching the beginning of the new year in New York City, we headed down to the lawn to try and find a good spot to watch the fireworks that were going to be shot off at midnight. The fireworks were awesome - every time I thought they were going to end, they kept going! It was an excellent night and I am so excited to see what blessings and opportunities are in store for 2012!

What a great fireworks show!
I hope you had a fun (and safe!) night last night, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS