Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Accessory Auction

Happy dreary day turned gorgeous! Seriously, when I went out for my run this morning the weather was awful - think 94% humidity and fog. All I wanted to do was run back to SRD and curl up with a good book or movie. It's rather unfortunate that I had four and a half hours of class to attend! Luckily, the weather has changed and is now very beautiful, but still a little bit warm for it being January (almost February)!
My view whenever I run - yes, I'm spoiled! :)
Last night I was able to cross something off the bucket list. I participated in something called Accessory Auctions, which is an online auction of, you guessed it, accessories! Basically what happens is the admins of the Accessory Auctions Facebook page will post a photo of an item - maybe a scarf, a watch, a pair of earrings, a necklace, etc., along with the quantity of the item they have available and the price. In order to be eligible to win an item you must post a comment underneath the picture with the word "sold" followed by your email address. It really is a bit of a matter of luck because dozens of people comment at the same second for a very limited quantity of an item. It really is very fun and I would say that there are hundreds of ladies glued to their computers every Monday night at 8pm CST. Last night there were actually some technical difficulties in regards to posting the photos and I thought some of these ladies were going to go crazy. I bid on two items and actually managed to win both of them - one was a Michael Kors inspired silver watch and the other was a gray infinity scarf. Unfortunately the pictures are no longer on Facebook but I will definitely post pictures when they arrive in the mail!

Workout + Breakfast

This morning my alarm went off a little bit before 7 and my first thought was that I was tired and didn't feel like working out this morning before class and that I would just do an easy workout after class. My alarm kept going off (thank you snooze button) and I realized that if I didn't get up now, my workout would not happen today as immediately after class I had to work the desk and I knew that I would have a pretty hefty amount of school work to do, so I decided to get my butt up (20 minutes later) and go for a 3.5-4ish mile run around campus before completing this leg workout:

Exercise
Weight
Reps
Sets
Squats**
24 lbs
120
3
One-legged leg press
75 lbs
15
3
Step Ups*
20 lbs
15 each leg
3
Calf Raises*
40 lbs
36
3
Lunges
Bodyweight
15 each leg
3
Wall Sit

60 seconds
3
Ball Crunches

30
3
Side Ball Crunches

30
3
*Exercises with an * were done in a superset - I did all three sets back-to-back
**Broken up into three different sets - 60 --> 40 --> 20
Those wall-sits left my legs shakin'! I haven't done wall sits like that since my senior year of high school during volleyball season! After a shower I headed downstairs for breakfast where I enjoyed my usual yogurt breakfast, but this time I also enjoyed some scrambled egg whites for some added protein to power me through four and a half hours of class.



And last but not least, I want to wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to two of my oldest friends - Lindsey and Emily! They turn TWENTY years old today and I have known them for sixteen of those years. They are both such huge blessings in my life and I wish them both the most special day ever! I love y'all!

Lindsey and I in Pre-K!
Emily and I in our church league softball days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS