Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Funday

Happy Sunday! Sunday is always kind of a bittersweet day for me because it is still the weekend, but I have the inevitable gray cloud of school work that I didn't bother touching the rest of the weekend hanging over my head. Luckily, I haven't really had too much to do in the way of school work this weekend, but I know that this is simply the calm before the storm. My plan is to do as much reading as I possibly can so I am not so overwhelmed in a few weeks when everything starts picking up speed.

Today started off with my usual yogurt breakfast and then church at Austin Stone. Today was the start of a new series: Counterfeit Love - The Idolatry of Sex, Money, Power, and Self. It was really great to hear, especially for someone who does place a lot of emphasis on school and body image (even though I shouldn't and am really working on that!), as well as on material things since my birthday is right around the corner and Christmas just happened. I am excited to see what the rest of the series holds!

I got back to SRD around 10:45 and realized I absolutely HAD to do laundry. I think I had one pair of socks left. Well, of course I spent the last bit of cash I had to mail a package home to my family, so I walked over to Chase bank to take some money out of my account so I could do my TWO loads of laundry. Yes, I had two entire loads of laundry and because I had so much stuffed in the dryer, my clothes did not completely dry all the way. 

Laundry Overload
I quickly texted my mom asking her if I lived at home after graduation for a few years with a teaching job in Houston, would she do my laundry for me? Her response: "Absolutely!" I think she really wants me to move home after graduation! :) We'll see what happens!

After putting my laundry in, I headed down to lunch where I enjoyed a turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, pickles and alfalfa sprouts. It was delicious, but it obviously didn't fill me up very well as I returned to my room and ate grapes, nuts, a banana, and two smallish bowls of Multi Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios, which are delicious by the way. Needless to say, I headed out for a workout after that feast!


I biked over to the rec to take advantage of the last couple free days of "try before you buy." At UT, our gym offers something called the "TeXercise," which is purchasing a $70 pass that allows you to take any of the classes held at Gregory Gym or Rec Sports Center. I had it my freshman year, but after my favorite bootcamp class was canceled, I haven't bought the pass since. This semester they are offering this program called the Nike Training Club, which just sounds intense so I decided to give it a try and see if I liked it enough to purchase the pass and work out every Tuesday and Thursday morning at 6:30 a.m. This class featured some cardio and a lot of weight training, which is definitely something I need and a class is something that forces me to do it without giving up. It was a great workout and I am definitely considering purchasing the pass.

My Sunday will wrap up with working the front desk, a little more reading, dinner, and a bike workout to read some more, this time for pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS