Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Destination Disney World

This time tomorrow morning I will be getting ready to board the first plane on my trip to Disney World for the Disney World Half Marathon. Then I will have a nice hour long layover in Houston. Yes, that is correct. I am driving two and a half hours to catch a plane in Austin to fly back to Houston before finally departing for Orlando. Flights from Austin were so much cheaper than from Houston so I decided to bite the bullet and take off from Austin. Besides, it's my mom who will be driving me anyway! :)

There's nothing like driving in to Austin!
Sarah and I plan on getting to the hotel, and hitting up the race expo before doing anything else. We are staying at the Pop Century Resort on Disney property and we could not be more excited! I can't wait to check it all out, and get a good night's sleep before hitting the parks the next day! Since we only have three days to do the parks, we are going to Magic Kingdom, HARRY POTTER WORLD, and Hollywood Studios. Can you guess which one I am most excited about?

Today will be a day full of last-minute errands, packing, and a little bit of running to prepare myself for the half. I don't feel quite as nervous as I was earlier in the week because I have been running some every day and I will be surrounded by thousands of people cheering me on, Disney characters, and princess castles. What could be better than that? It should be a great trip and I am really looking forward to it.

Breakfast + Workout

I am trying to avoid eating a whole lot of dairy product, ie yogurt, and even cereal because although I eat it with almond milk, it still might not settle as well as something else I could eat. So I opted for some toast with peanut butter and banana on top and it was delicious! Banana and peanut butter is definitely one of my favorite combinations!


I am letting my breakfast settle (and letting the weather warm up a bit!) before heading out for a five- to six- mile run this morning. It is a little chilly outside, and I know I should just go run to be ready for the conditions in Orlando, but I have no idea what the Orlando weather will actually be like, since the highs and lows for the week are so varied.

Hope it starts to warm up before I arrive!
After my run, I might head to the MAC for a few arm weights before heading back home to finish up my packing. I am so excited and I can't believe I will be headed to Florida in just about 24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS