Monday, January 16, 2012

Last Night of Freedom

Tonight is probably the last night for a long time that I won't be loaded down with eight thousand different things to do. Don't get me wrong, I am the type of person who thrives when I am busy, but a little down time is always welcomed. I think it will be good to finally get back into a real routine starting tomorrow though, beginning with my first class at 9:30 a.m. I am beginning to question my thought process when I look at my Tuesday / Thursday shedule as I go from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. straight (which means I am going to have to pack a lunch!), but it's worth it when I look at my Monday and Wednesday schedule. Oh, and did I mention, NO FRIDAY CLASSES! Score! I am taking an online class through University Extension, but still, no Friday classes. Who wouldn't be excited about that?

I have my folders and notebooks all ready to go!

Dinner tonight was another winner. I am always a fan of chicken, so this blackened chicken was superb. It was a little bit spicy but that definitely added to the taste. I also love cooked carrots and I had more fresh strawberries. It was a great dinner to have the night before school starts! Who else thought it was important to eat certain meals before big events such as the first day of school or before taking TAKS tests? We definitely thought that way in my house when I was younger!


Next on the menu is watching the movie Crazy, Stupid, Love with some of the girls on my hall and another hall down in the SRD ballroom. We have some incentive to get them there: Tiff's Treats. Tiff's Treats are famous in Austin (and Dallas) for being warm, fresh out of the oven, delicious cookies that will be delivered at any time. They make for a great late night study break, as when it's midterm time or just a crazy test week, Tiff's Treats employees are in and out of the SRD front office all day making deliveries to residents. They are a crowd favorite and smell oh-so good. I have actually never tried a TIff's Treat, as I unfortunately have a dairy intolerance, but the smell always tempts me to suffer through the yucky feeling of eating dairy for just one cookie!




Our movie is about to start, and my next post will be a 'first day of school' recap for all of you who wish you were still in college and taking those oh-so-fun college classes! I really do like learning, but I could definitely do without all the stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS