Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Good morning Fitness and Froyo readers! The wonderful rain ruined my plan of either running or swimming this morning so I decided to take this time for a new blog post! 

Over Christmas break I decided to finally experiment with some recipes that I found on Pinterest. I pinned all last semester and wanted to be able to say I did SOMETHING with those pins and not just let them sit in cyberspace. 

First up on the list?

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is what they are SUPPOSED to look like!
The recipe looked simple enough, but then again, it was a recipe that dealt with stuffing a cookie INSIDE of another cookie. Who would have thought? People are so creative!

I started out by making the chocolate chip cookie dough - courtesy of the back of the bag of Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.





Following the recipe, I then got a scoop of dough to put on top of the oreo and a scoop of dough to put on the bottom. I then rounded the dough around the oreo so that the entire oreo was covered with the dough. After that, all I had to do was place the dough on a parchment lined baking tray and put them in the oven for about 13 minutes. The end result?



Okay, maybe they don't look quite as good as the ones displayed on Pinterest, but my taste tester assured me that they were delicious!

These cookies were a lot of fun to make and apparently they taste just as good as they look! Thanks, Pinterest, for a new recipe to add to my collection! If you ever have the urge to bake, give these a try, I guarantee you will make your family and friends very, very happy!
  • 1/2 cup oats (50g)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (and 1/8 tsp nutmeg, if making pumpkin version)
  • sweetener, such as 1 1/2 to 2T maple syrup or 1 to 1 1/2 packs stevia (I used much less, but I’ve cautioned y’all before about my lack of sweet tooth.)
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin or applesauce
  • 1/4 cup milk or creamer or water
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • Optional: 1 to 2T oil or favorite nut butter (if oil, scale the milk back a tiny bit)
  • Optional: raisins, walnuts, brown sugar for the top (I didn’t use any optional ingredients, but maybe next time I’ll add some nuts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS