Saturday, January 14, 2012

Celebrity Sighting

There are a lot of famous men and women who are spotted in the city of Austin, such as Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey and various other people who cause us to freak out with excitement. Well, for a Summer Olympics lover like me, I was very excited to learn that Michael Phelps would be in my very city swimming in the Olympic Trials at the University of Texas natatorium. I have been a huge fan of Michael Phelps ever since he landed on the Olympic radar and I really enjoyed watching him break records and win eight Olympic gold medals. I remember rushing home from volleyball games in 2008 so I could be sure to catch his gold-medal swims.

Around 9:00 this morning, my friends Sara, Sarah, and Lexi headed over to the Lee and Joe Jamail Swimming Center to catch Michael Phelps swim the 400 Individual Medley. He makes it look so easy as he just glides through the water. I am beyond excited for the Olympics this summer and I am hoping a stop in London this summer is in my future to see all of the preparations.


The program
Spotted: Michael Phelps

The finish
Winner!
Photo courtesy of my friend Lexi
Sarah, Sara, Lexi and I
After getting off work at the front desk at 3, I grabbed my iPod and set off for a daunting 8-mile run. It was such a beautiful, picture perfect day here in Austin that the time and distance seemed to fly by and I was back at SRD before I knew it. I did a new-ish route today, turning a different direction once I got to Town Lake and I was not disappointed. It was a beautiful run and I can't wait to explore that route further on my next long run. I then grabbed some water and headed off on a walk around campus that served as a cool-down for me, since I was sweating like a crazy person! I will admit that while my school's campus is not the most beautiful one I have ever seen, it is hard to not love it when you have spots like this on campus:
The Turtle Pond
I am now off to shower and get ready for a delicious dinner with one of my friends form elementary school who just transferred to UT, complete with a little Tebow Time after that! What a wonderful Saturday this has been so far - Austin, it's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS