Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is a very special day, and I am sure you can guess what it is based on the title of my post. That's right, it is my mom's birthday! I wish I could be there to celebrate with her, but then again, she doesn't want her birthday to be made a big deal anyway!
I did send her a present though, and I was so excited about it. She was excited about it too - she called me at 8:15 this morning expressing her excitement at receiving these Tory Burch 'Adonis' Flip Flop Wedges.



My mom and I were boot shopping over the break and she saw these at Nordstrom and immediately expressed her interest in them. My ears perked up when she said she wanted a pair because she almost never comes out and tells us what she wants for her birthday, so this made the shopping a whole lot easier this year! They are cute, practical, and perfect to wear to Stratford Baseball games!


Thanks for being the best mom ever and blessing me every single day of my life. Thank you for attending every single one of my volleyball games. Thank you for sitting through all those volleyball tournaments that began at the crack of dawn every single weekend. Thank you for sitting up with me when I was stressed and helping me with various papers and projects. Thank you for being the best editor I could ask for. Thank you for taking on the stress of being in charge of Sweet Sixteen so you could guarantee that I would be able to go. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and showing me what it means to be a selfless person. You are the best friend I could have and I hope you have the most special day ever!

Workout + Lunch

I went to bed last night with the intent that I was going to do my daunting 9-mile run first thing in the morning and get it out of the way for the day. However, when I woke up it was cold and I was a bit hungry, so I decided to get breakfast and do a bit of reading that I neglected last night in favor of watching She's the Man. I don't regret it, that movie is one of my absolute favorites! So around 11 I headed out the door to Town Lake to run my 9-miles (or what I think was 9-miles, I am still crossing my fingers for a Garmin one day!), and I could not have dreamed up more perfect weather. It was cool, but not cold, but I wasn't so hot that the heat was all I could think about. It was a gorgeous sunny day and it feels so good to have that out of the way for the weekend!
Town Lake

After a shower I headed down to lunch, which was absolutely wonderful: fish tacos. Fish tacos are one of my favorite meals and SRD does fish up right! I had two Baja fish tacos with a side of black beans. My stomach is happy!


I am off to do a bit of reading on the hammocks outside on this beautiful January day before I head to campaigners! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS