Sunday, July 15, 2012

Snap Kitchen

Hola mis amigos! That was my attempt at convincing myself that I am still in Barcelona. Don't get me wrong, I am LOVING being back in Austin, especially with the constant rain and thunderstorms that are helping to make me feel less guilty about doing absolutely nothing, but nothing compares to a hike up Tibidabo or a trip to Parc Guell!

Anyway, today has been a rather productive day if I do say so myself - starting with a new workout and ending with some relaxation. When my alarm went off a little before 7:00 this morning, I was more than tempted to turn it off in favor of a bit more sleep (what I did yesterday), but I knew that if I  didn't do it now, it wouldn't happen, as I was scheduled to work from 10-4 today and I knew that I wanted to go to church at 5, so it was now or never. I dragged myself out of bed, ate a bit of a blueberry muffin Larabar to get something in my stomach, 


and headed down to the fitness center to do a workout that I found on Pinterest:

It doesn't look like much, what with the slower speeds and all, but it was tough -- especially by the fifth round! Even when you are walking, you are doing so at a quick pace! Plus, on rounds two and four, I did minute six at a speed of 8.0 and minute seven at a speed of 9.0, which made it all the more difficult! After a little bit of back work, I cooled down with 15-minutes on the elliptical while starting a new book: Heroes and Monsters. It came highly recommended by many in the UT Young Life community, and I am excited to get going on it - so far, it is excellent!

After a shower, my usual yogurt breakfast, and a 15-minute power nap, I headed down to the front office to work the desk. I packed up anything I thought I might need and got to work. Besides one tour and a couple of phone calls, there was literally nothing happening. I did manage to get all of my homework done, so I felt less guilty about spending a bit of time surfing the web!

After a quick change and some room organization, I drove on over to Austin High School to attend an Austin Stone church service. I was so excited to be making that route again -- I love the Stone and I had missed it so much. It was as good as ever today, as it was week three of a summer series, and it talked about our narcissistic culture and how our focus should be on God rather than ourselves. Some powerful stuff, that's for sure!

What do I get as I am leaving church and heading to get dinner? A torrential downpour! My family mentioned severe rain in Houston all week and I guess they didn't want me to miss out on the fun! I was going to get Galaxy Cafe for dinner, but there was a parking spot right by Snap Kitchen so I decided on that, as I had never had it before, and I knew there would be plenty from which to choose! I still got just a little wet and I couldn't help but snap a picture (sidenote: the selfies will become more far frequent when the iPhone 5 finally gets released)!

It did not disappoint - I got some sort of sliced beef with edamame and cauliflower that was so tender and juicy. If it weren't for the high price, I would go there all the time. So easy, so healthy, and so delicious!

Now I am enjoying a little bit of rain and relaxation before I start getting ready for bed -- enjoy your Sunday night!

2 comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS