Friday, July 27, 2012

Today's the Day

Happy Opening Ceremonies, everyone! Every time I see / write / think that, I can't help but think of The Hunger Games - may the odds be ever in your favor! All I know is that I can't wait to see outfits tonight. I am scheduled to work the desk right when the ceremony is set to be shown to us Americans, but no worries, I won't miss a minute because I have my computer all set up to stream every second of the Olympics, no matter where I am. I also downloaded the NBC Olympics app on my iPhone, so I really have no excuse for missing even a minute. Add that to the fact that I teared up this morning as NBC played highlights from the '08 Olympics and you could say that I am a little excited. I just love that the entire world is able to put aside all of our differences and come together for this spectacular event. That being said, I have my red, white, and blue on, that's for sure! U-S-A!
You better believe I was sporting this shirt today!
After that note, I must apologize for my absence this week. In my mind, I was going to have posted at least one blog post in between my last post and now, but I got swamped with school and work, and blogging always seems to be first to go. Gotta work on that! But I may have another excuse for my lack of blogging this week and it has to do with Tina's Best Body Boot Camp. I mentioned on Monday that I was participating in round two of her bootcamp and y'all, it has kicked my booty. I have been sore since day one - I honestly can't remember the last time I was this sore! Between an extremely tough leg workout, consisting of these lovely one-leg sit-and-stands, some serious core work, and several interval workouts that have left me sweaty, I have gotten my butt kicked. Literally!
One leg sit-and-stands (Source)
This past weekend I received a request for more Kelli Tomlinson Original Workouts and I have one for you today! Today's cardio portion of bootcamp called for an interval workout, and I decided to take my workout to the treadmill. Interval workouts are great for someone like me who gets bored pretty quickly while I am on cardio machines, shocked to find that what has felt like ten minutes has only been two. This interval workout is especially good for beating boredom because only every other interval is the same - I am beating the system! ;)
Lunch

After my first class of the day, I met up with an elementary school friend for lunch at one of Austin's most famous restaurants: Kerbey Lane. Cheyney and I have been buds since Pre-K, and in middle school she moved to Connecticut with her family before returning to the great state of Texas to complete her degree. It had been forever since I had seen her, so I enjoyed a delicious meal of Tacos al Pastor - pork, pineapple, onions, cilantro, and black beans all wrapped up in a corn tortilla - while we compared our respective Europe trips and just caught up on one another's lives! It was so great to see her and I enjoyed a delicious lunch to boot!
Cheyney and Kelli, cerca 1997


Tacos al Pastor
I am off to work the desk, get a little homework done, and watch the highly-anticipated Opening Ceremonies! Enjoy your Friday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS