Monday, September 23, 2013

Manic Monday

This will be a quick update because I have quite a bit to accomplish before our second YoungLife club tonight, but I couldn't let the day pass without commenting on this absolutely beautiful fall weather, and sharing a new treadmill workout with you guys.

Yesterday was the official first day of fall, and Texas really got the memo. We have had temperatures in the 60's in the morning, warming up to temperatures in the 90's by mid-afternoon. The sun is shining, and the days are absolutely perfect. This is probably my favorite weather of all time, so I am going to soak up as much of it as I can before it leaves us. Yesterday I went for a walk around Town Lake and I really think it was the perfect afternoon.


My only complaint in regards to this weather is the fact that it will probably put a damper on my morning swims, but I can replace those with some humid-free runs, so I really don't have much to complain about on that front. The temperatures and lack of humidity will make my long run this Saturday so much more enjoyable, so let's keep our fingers crossed that this wonderful weather holds up until then!

Workout

Today, and every Monday, is probably going to be the craziest day of my week. I have class from 9-10am, I'm scheduled to be at Westwood from 1:04-4:10pm, meaning I leave around noon to give myself enough time to get there, eat a quick lunch, get checked in at the front office, and get to my classroom before the start of the passing period at 12:59pm. After I leave Westwood, I will stay in the area because we have club out this way, so it would be silly for me to battle traffic going back toward UT campus, only to head this way again a couple of hours later. So, that has me leaving my house at noon, and not getting back until around 9:30pm.

Pink pants, because every Monday needs to look a little brighter
With a schedule like that, it can be hard to find the time to squeeze in a workout, but for now, I'm going to continue my Friday pattern and get in a quick workout after class, but before I need to leave for Westwood. Today's workout came in the form of a 4-mile treadmill workout, inspired by this workout from Iowa Girl Eats. I altered the speeds a bit, and completed 4.15 miles in 34 minutes. It was quick and effective, and you really can't ask for much more than that.


After my time at the gym, I made a quick pitstop at the post office to mail a birthday card, and then I headed home to the Clubhouse to shower and get ready for the rest of my day. I probably packed enough food to set a new world record, but it's better to be safe than sorry, right?

Lunch

I once again ate lunch in my car while sitting in the Westwood parking lot, and this one looked a lot like my lunch on Friday, except this one featured pork instead of chicken. Otherwise, it is the exact same vegetable and pineapple dish. It is honestly so delicious, so I see this becoming a regular meal in my diet. Plus, I can make multiple servings of it at once, and that fact right there is going to become my best tool this semester.


I also had a small serving of hummus and carrots before observing two sophomore English classes. I am teaching my first lesson(s) on Friday, and I am very excited. And speaking of, I definitely need to get to work on that lesson plan before heading over to Anderson for Parking Lot Club. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS