Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pineapple Chicken and Vegetable Dish

Happy Sunday! Again, I hesitate to call it a "happy" Sunday, after another embarrassing performance on the football field last night, but at least we still have our academics, right? I was hoping my senior season would be one to remember, and though it might be one to remember, I have a feeling that it's not going to be for the right reasons. You win some, you lose some (or a lot).

Moving on, I have a new recipe to share with you guys. It came to me yesterday, as I had four chicken breasts just waiting to be made into something delicious, as well as some less-than-stellar pineapple rings. I absolutely love the pork and pineapple combination, in fact, I had it at Kerbey Lane on Friday in the form of Tacos al Pastor, so I decided to give the chicken and pineapple combination a shot. This easy dish will hopefully last me through the week, as it should provide me with at least three, if not four, meals. About 15 minutes of work, 30 minutes in the oven, and you have dinner for (almost) a full work week. Not too bad!

Ingredients
  • 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped squash
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
  • 1 1/2 cups broccoli
  • 1/2 an onion
  • 1/2 pineapple (sliced into rings)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Lemon pepper
Directions
1. Preheat over to 450 degrees fahrenheit
2. Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
2. Wash and cut chicken breast into slices



3. Chop zucchini, squash, and broccoli, and place into a bowl



4. Cover vegetables with olive oil, and spray with pepper, if desired
5. Line pan with vegetables
6. Chop up half an onion and spread into pan



7. Spread chicken breast slices evenly on top of the vegetables and spray with pepper, if desired
8. Place pineapple rings on top of the chicken
9. Cook for 25-30 minutes



And that's all there is to this healthy, delicious, and simple recipe. This is the week things really start picking up in terms of school and YoungLife, so I know I will be very grateful to have this meal ready to heat up and eat.

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS