Sunday, November 23, 2014

Serious Survey

Another Sunday, another survey! I say this as if I post surveys on a regular basis. I'm really going to try and get back into this routine, because if nothing else, I should be able to write at least one blog post a weekend. This survey really made me think, but I had fun with it nonetheless. Enjoy!


1. When a cashier in the checkout line at the grocery store is being a grump for no reason, how do you typically react?
I am usually a fairly pleasant (unless I myself am in a grumpy mood) person, and I think by simply being polite - saying please and thank you - and just telling that person to have a good day as you leave can lift their spirits more than you will ever know. I will say that I do have my sassy moments, though, and I have been known to show a little bit of that sass if someone is acting especially rude and I'm just not in the mood for it.

2. Are you the type that likes going out with your girlfriends or staying in?
It depends on the day. I am definitely a homebody in that I like to go to bed early, get up early, and I am generally not a very spontaneous person. Sometimes I am so excited to go do something, but then the activities of the day (especially now - high schoolers zap all the energy out of me) just wear me out, and I want nothing more than to put on my pajamas, turn on a chick flick, microwave some popcorn, and call it a night. Other times, a night spent doing something new and fun with my friends is just what I need.



3. Do you sob and get emotional watching romance movies?
I think the better question is in what movie do I not cry and get emotional while watching. It is true that I have gotten better about crying in movies as I have gotten older, or maybe my reason for crying in a movie has changed. I typically find myself crying when someone loses a loved one, or when something happens within the family. And I think any movie with a military scene has to be considered in a category of its own.

4. What stresses you out the most?
I used to be a very stressed out person - worrying about every little thing I could think to worry about. Especially in high school. Something changed in me come college, and I stopped worrying so much about things beyond my control. While I do think a little stress is a good thing, you shouldn't have so much of it that you make yourself sick. That being said, I do have the occasional "I-can't-handle-everything-on-my-plate-right-now" breakdown. Especially when I was in the midst of volleyball season. I mean really, WHAT was I thinking?

5. What do you think people think of you?
Well, I was voted "Best Personality" in high school, so you tell me (insert sassy emoji girl here). I'm just kidding, of course, and I tend to think I'm more on the shy side, especially when I first meet someone or am in a group setting in which I don't know many people. And even if I do know you really well, I tend to be more of a listener than a talker. I've been told by a couple recently that they respect my work ethic, and while I certainly have my moments of complaining, I hope that I can be a source of motivation and encouragement to those around me.


6. When you overindulge do you hit the gym to burn it all off, or just accept the indulgence and follow your same routine?
I won't lie and say that I don't get a little frustrated with myself when I overindulge, but I usually accept that it happens and move on with the rest of my day, knowing that I live a relatively healthy lifestyle and that one day of too much dessert is not going to make much of a difference. Besides, what's life without a little dessert every now and again? That being said, there are times when I do dwell on my indulgences, and I feel as though I have to workout extra hard in order to make up for it.

7. Are you easily annoyed?
Again, it depends. I am pretty good about brushing things off, but occasionally someone will do something seemingly insignificant that just makes me snap. I have become so accustomed to shrugging things off and not letting them get to me, that when people continue to do the same things over and over again, I'll let you know when I've had enough. I really don't list tardiness (as I am sure you all have gathered by now), and I am also easily annoyed by people who are constantly negative, probably because it puts me in that negative mindset and I really don't like being that way.

8. What do you think is your biggest personality flaw?
This is a great question. I think I am way too hard on myself. I push myself daily to be the best that I can be, and when I "fail," I am unnecessarily tough on myself. This was especially true throughout my volleyball days. I would replay every game in my mind, thinking about where I could have played better defense, or made a better setting decision. Those thoughts are good thoughts to have, but not so much that I would dwell on them and let them affect the next game. That has also carried over into this new chapter of life, but I've been able to give myself a little bit more grace. I know that I'm not going to do everything right - not even close to everything right, for that matter - nor am I expected to do everything right. At the same time, I do try to better myself each and every day, and it is nice to hear constructive (aka keep it positive, please) criticism that will help me to improve my craft.

9. What is one thing you don’t think people see enough of when it comes to your personality?
I think people don't see enough of my silly side. People probably think I am "all business," and the truth is, I am all about getting things done. I love making to-do lists (and crossing things off), but sometimes I forget to display that I am, in fact, having a good time. I think a lot of my personality comes out on this blog, and though I am serious about and dedicated to the things I do and believe in, I can be pretty funny when it comes down to it. Or at least I think I'm funny. And though it may not always come across that way, I love laughter and can typically always find something to laugh at.




10. Can you feel relaxed in a busy crowd or messy room?
Not really. Crowds give me anxiety, probably because I believe in a personal bubble, and when my room is a mess, I have a hard time relaxing in there. Sarah and I typically kept our room (long live Suite 1) pretty neat, but there were days when we just had to throw aside our work and organize our belongings. I tend to like it when things are in their proper place, but I won't stress over a little bit of mess. Lived-in isn't the same as messy, right?

Or maybe sometimes it was just my hard
And now I'm off to enjoy what I hope will be an extremely productive and enjoyable Sunday. We are just TWO days away from Thanksgiving break, so fingers crossed for students who are not too out of control (though that might be asking just a bit too much out of them)!

1 comment:

  1. Your article or image and are more interesting and impressive.
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS