Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wedding Bliss

Every time I think I am going to have a somewhat relaxed week, it never actually is. I have come to the realization that every week is going to be extremely busy and I will get an awesome 5-week break where I can relax and enjoy all of the holiday festivities! However, I did do absolutely nothing yesterday, and it was so wonderful! The most strenuous thing I did (besides class of course) was going on a bike ride - I couldn't resist, it was SUCH a beautiful day in Austin!

Earlier this week, I talked about how my dorm was having a Bridesmaids + Crafts Night on Tuesday night. Well, it was such a success. We put up a screen in our ballroom, arranged the delicious cupcakes that we baked so that they formed a heart and SRD, munched on the delicious hors d'oeuvres that the wonderful kitchen staff made us, and crafted hair pins and headbands inspired by Pinterest. I, of course, fell asleep on the floor, but everyone else seemed to enjoy the movie! :)


One of my favorite foods ever - Hummus and Pita

Two SRD girls enjoying the girls night!

I was in charge of the popcorn machine for a while - and lucky for me, I also got to clean it!

Our 100+ cupcakes! <3 SRD!
Continuing the wedding theme, this afternoon my friend and fellow RA, Bekah, and I served wine at a wedding reception. Mary's - the administrator at SRD - son was getting married today and they were looking for two people to serve wine to the guests at the reception. Bekah and I had shifts that were in the morning and night, respectively, so we were the lucky two! It was a pretty fun way to make a few extra bucks! :)

Bekah with the UT Tower Cake!

Bekah and I with the cake!
 Workout + Dinner
Today's workout was a double whammy and it felt great! I went to bed last night with the intent that I would wake up early and run about 7 miles before getting a jump start on my homework, but when I woke up, I was not in the mood to run, and I was hungry, so I dragged myself out of bed to go down to breakfast and then start working so that I could work out later. I walked to Gregory Gym and swam my usual 72 laps. It was a beautiful day outside, and my one-piece tan line just keeps getting better and better! After the wedding, at about 6:45 or so, I decided to go for a short run to the capitol and back, which is a little over three miles. It was a very nice night, but still a tad bit warm for this time of year. I am hoping it cools down a bit, but not too much, because I don't handle the cold weather very well! I am a shorts and t-shirt kind of girl!

For dinner I decided to be adventurous and try a new place that some of my friends had raved about in the past, Miltos. It is located about a quarter of a mile from SRD, and it was absolutely delicious. I ordered the chicken gyro topped with tomatoes and lettuce. The pita bread that wrapped the chicken, lettuce, and tomatoes up was so warm and delightful; I give it two thumbs up!



Articles of possible interest:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS