Saturday, October 15, 2011

Morning Person

I have never been one who can sleep in very late, but lately, and this is surprising because I am a typical sleep deprived college student, I find myself waking up earlier and earlier. I guess it is just my busy schedule that makes me want to get up and start my day early in the morning. I love it when I wake up and am able to cross things off of my to-do list before it even hits noon! I just feel as if I have wasted the day if I sleep in later than nine. Maybe I get that from my parents, who are both extremely early risers!

My Pre-K bestie and I at 6:30 in the morning before starting the MS150!
That leads me to my workout this morning. I woke up around 7:00 and found myself energized (this could be due to the fact that I fell asleep at approximately 10:00 last night!) and ready to run! I grabbed my iPod and my Asics and headed out the door to get in a nice run by Town Lake. I could not have asked for a more beautiful morning as I completed a little over seven miles in about 68-ish minutes. It felt so wonderful outside, it was a cool 65-degrees and evidently everyone else in Austin had the same idea as me, the trail at Town Lake was PACKED! I even ran (punny, get it? :) into my Wyldlife teammate Casey while running down there.

Casey and I at Crooked Creek
I came back and showered, ate my usual yogurt breakfast, and have decided to get a jump start on the mountainous pile of homework that I have this weekend. Does it ever end?! Later on I am going to reward myself, if I get a good amount of work done, and head over to the mall because I am on the hunt for a cute dress that would be appropriate to wear to a wedding to serve wine to guests. Any ideas?

I know it has been a while since my last post, but I plan on posting at least one more time, hopefully twice, today. I can't wait to tell you how teaching my first lesson went!

Question of the morning: Do you prefer to wake up early to get things done, or stay up until the wee hours of the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS