Friday, October 7, 2011

Food Fun

I know, I know, it's been a while. I know I said that I was going to become more consistent with my blogging but this week has been absolutely crazy with tests and papers and YoungLife. I feel like I haven't even had a spare moment to breathe! Unfortunately next week will be somewhat of the same, but I am hoping that I can handle it a little bit better! But here is an update of my week which included LOTS of delicious food!

Wednesday was a special day because I got to help celebrate the 20th (TWO decades!) birthday of my freshman year roomie - Melissa! She would kill me if she knew that I was writing a post about her it; she does not appreciate any mention of her birthday! That is something I just don't understand because I LOVE birthdays, so I will do the honors! Melissa is such a blessing in my life; she is so encouraging and loving, and I really miss our late-night (okay, late for us is like 11:00 at night - we were such grandmas last year in 320!) life chats! Love you Melissa!

Melissa loves cupcakes - so obviously they were a necessity!
The birthday girl on her special day!

Melissa and I on a rainy day last year!
Here begins my plethora of food pictures.. enjoy! :)

Lexi and Emily enjoying some delicious watermelon
On Wednesday SRD had a cookout on the back lawn!

SRD Cookout!

SRD Cookout!

Precious roommates Crystal and Laura enjoying the beautiful weather

Toppings for..

Make Your Own Belgian Waffles on the first Friday of the month! :)

Gotta get those greens! :)

Honey Lime Chicken + Cooked Carrots
My absolute favorite meal - Shrimp and Beef Tacos complete with Guacamole Salad!
As you can tell, I am very spoiled with the food available to me at SRD. The kitchen staff is the absolute BEST and they do not get enough recognition for all that they do for us!

Today I rewarded myself (I am not sure why I felt the need to reward myself, maybe for making it through the week in one piece?) with frozen yogurt, a trip to Central Market for cereal, honeycrisp apples, and milk, and a little pit-stop at Francesca's, one of my absolute favorite stores, where I purchased the cutest pink shirt and two pairs of earrings. At Menchies, I enjoyed a combination of two of my favorite flavors of fro-yo: Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Dipped Banana. Delicious! I could have polished off a whole other cup.

My stomach was happy after eating this yummy concoction!
Tonight I went to a fabulous dinner with two of my fellow RA's. We had dinner at The Shady Grove - one of Austin's hot spots. I enjoyed a delightful veggie burger topped with lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles, that was well worth the 30-minute wait we had in order to enjoy our dinner outside on this beautiful night in Austin. What a lovely evening!

And now I am currently sitting on the couch in my lounge watching game five of the Phillies - Cardinals series. It is such a nail-biter!

One more thing before I sign off.. it's 9:32 p.m. and OU still sucks! <-- more on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS