Saturday, October 1, 2011

Phightin' Phils

Happy October! I love October because it really starts to feel like fall to me, and luckily, the weather here in Austin agreed with me! It was a beautiful 65 degrees when I woke up this morning, and never got above 88 degrees! I have had the windows open all day while enjoying a wonderful Saturday!

My dorm also enjoys the fall season because we are all decorated for the occasion! Such a happy place!




I went to bed last night with the intent that I would wake up early and get a nice run in while the weather was cool, but I woke up this morning (after TEN hours of sleep! I must have been tired), and decided I was not really feeling a run, so I went down and got some breakfast (my usual, yogurt!), and began working on the pile of homework that I have to do - does it ever end?! I was really excited for today because one - it starts the beginning of the Philadelphia Phillies World Series Run and two - TEXAS FOOTBALL! We are currently beating Iowa State with a score of 34-0! Hook'em!

Anyway, today I did homework for a majority of the day, but I took a break to head over to Gregory Gym to swim some laps while the temperature was at it's peak. Upon my trip over there, I discovered that I evidently popped one of the tires on my bike while on a bike ride around Austin yesterday. It was the perfect afternoon for a long bike ride, and I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures along the way. I become more and more convinced every day that I live in the best city in the world!

These cows are seen all over Austin! I want to "catch 'em all!"
On a bridge at Town Lake!
People enjoying  the beautiful weather while kayaking! So much fun!
While at Gregory, I swam a little over a mile before heading back home to watch the PHILLIES dominate in their first playoff game 11-6 against the St. Louis Cardinals. Ryan Howard, you are my hero! He was the one who really got the momentum going in the sixth inning for the Phils. It was strange rooting against my (old - he was traded away much to my dismay) hometown favorite, Lance Berkman, but it has to be done. I still love him as a player, but I will love him even more once we beat his team!

It is such a beautiful night as I sit here with the window open that I am considering going for a late night run to the capitol once my shift at the desk is over. What a fabulous way to end a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS