Thursday, November 28, 2013

#thankful

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope your day is full of food, family, friends, football, and just a whole lot of fun. I don't think I have stopped smiling since I got home to Houston, and I have been overcome with the realization that I truly have so much to be thankful for. The rest of this post will likely consist of pictures you have already seen, and an extensive list of what it is that I am especially thankful for, so don't say I didn't warn you!

I am thankful for family, and the constant love and support they provide me (and the fact they always welcome me - and my laundry - home with welcome arms).




I am thankful for friends, both old and new, who never fail to make me laugh.






I am thankful for those seven great roommates of mine, and our little house that is full of joy, laughter, and encouragement.




I am thankful for YoungLife - my small group, my team (Anderson and Murchison), and my precious freshman girls. It has been such an incredible three years doing life with them, and I am thankful for the ways I have seen them grow and learn to love people so well.







I am thankful for six months of fun, laughter, and discovering new restaurants with this wonderful guy.



I am thankful for the opportunity to travel, and all of the beautiful places I have gotten to see and experience.

The breathtaking San Francisco
My store in San Francisco
La Sagrada Familia
2012 Olympic Stadium
London Eye 
Eiffel Tower
I am thankful for my school, my city, and what has truly been the best four years of my life. I am thankful for parents who pay for my education, and even for the times when I am stressed to the max, because that (most likely) means that I am learning something.




Despite the stress, I am very thankful for the opportunity to be a student intern/teacher
I am thankful for my health, and two legs that allow me to do something that I love so much.

Nike Women's Half Marathon 2013

I am thankful for the city of Houston, and all of the wonderful memories it has provided me over the years. I appreciate it more and more every time I come home.



I am thankful for good books, sunrises and sunsets, dairy-free chocolate, frozen yogurt, 


warm blankets, pillow talk, warm fires, sunshine, seat belts, encouraging notes, candid pictures, real conversation, laughter, honeycrisp apples, the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven, and most of all, Jesus' death on the cross, and the truth that His mercies are new each morning. I am sure there are a lot of things that I left out, and I know that I have infinitely many things to be thankful for. And before I forget, I am thankful for all of you who read this little blog. You make writing it so much fun!

And on that note, I'm off to celebrate Turkey Day with the very best family I could ask for. And P.S. - HOOK 'EM! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS