Monday, November 11, 2013

YoungLife Formal

I am not even going to make any excuses for why I haven't posted in over a week, because one, you are probably really tired of hearing how overwhelmingly busy I have been, but two, if I did have a spare moment to post, I didn't have too much to write about. There's only so much school talk you guys can handle. I have no new recipes for you guys, and my workouts have been nothing out of the ordinary, though I have been upping my BodyPump and cycling class game lately. Though I have been seriously slacking on the blogging front, I am hoping my post about YoungLife formal will be enough to redeem myself. If nothing else, I have some fun pictures to share with you guys.

Formal

Every year around this time, College YoungLife asks us to shed the funny costumes that we put on for crazy club themes, and dress up a little bit for a special evening. This year's theme was "YoungLife's Black and White Ball," which made going shopping for a new dress pretty easy, as there were only two color options from which to choose. I didn't really need to buy a new dress, because I have quite a few black dresses in my collection already, but since it is my last formal, I decided to make a new investment. Plus, I was really feeling like wearing winter white, because it's been a bummer not being able to sport my white pants or shorts.

Anyway, yesterday was a very full day, in that I left my house a little before 9am, and didn't get home again until about 5pm. Thankfully, I still had plenty of time to get ready and snap a few pictures with my roommates before we all went to our separate team dinners.

Suite 1 forever 
PLL
I opted to go to dinner with my old Murchison crew, and we decided on Salt Lick, round two for dinner. We also went there for dinner before formal last year, but I have yet to meet someone who doesn't like Salt Lick, so it was a well-received choice. I didn't snap a picture of my food prior to eating it (I'm a little rusty on the food pictures, and I was so hungry by the time we got our food that I dug right in). You guys can just use your imagination to picture the delicious turkey plate that I enjoyed.

After dinner we headed down some windy backroads until we arrived at the beautiful Pecan Springs Ranch near Dripping Springs. It was beautifully decorated, and it was the perfect venue for the occasion. It is technically a wedding venue, but because it is so spacious, it was a good place to have something like this, as there were quite a few of us there. You had the option of tearing up the dance floor all night, or getting a breath of fresh air and hanging out outside on the back lawn. I did a little bit of both, and it was an all-around great evening, minus some of the song choices that were a little difficult to dance to, but we'll let that slide.

3/5 of our 2011 placement night crew

Thankfully he appreciates the importance of cheesy candid pictures
It's fun to have an excuse to get all dressed up, and it was especially fun to spend time with my roommates, my old team, and my new team all in one place. There are more pictures out there that I will be sure to share with you guys when I get them, but for now, enjoy this rare dressy occasion!

And I hope to be back with some regularly scheduled workout and food posts, but we'll see how well I keep that promise! Have a GREAT Monday, and a huge thank you on this Veteran's Day to all who have served, continue to serve, and will serve our wonderful country. There aren't enough thank you's in this world for all that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS