Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Survey

In an effort to make good on my 10-blog posts-a month promise, I am posting this quick Thanksgiving survey for your food coma reading pleasure. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was low-key, delicious, and refreshing, and I am happy to say that I am currently on the couch cheering on my Horns. So, without further ado:

1. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?
We don't really have any big Thanksgiving traditions. My mom and I traditionally hold down the downstairs when we are watching the Thanksgiving Texas game, but other than that, there's nothing that we've done every Thanksgiving from the very beginning.

A Sooner and a Longhorn
2. List at least three dishes that are on your family’s table every year.
Turkey, of course, mashed potatoes, and my mom's green bean casserole.



3. Do you prefer pumpkin pie or pecan pie?
This answer is going to disappoint a lot of people, but I am actually not a huge pie fan. I never really have been, unless it was cold chocolate cream pie. I don't know what it is, but pie never seemed to be cold enough for me, and the texture kind of freaked me out. So now that you all probably consider me to be un-American, I would probably prefer pecan to pumpkin.


4. Will you watch football on Thanksgiving Day?
I am watching the Texas vs. Texas Tech football game as we speak. And while we're here, let's just all take a moment to reflect on and be thankful for that beautiful football game that happened exactly two years ago.


5. Do you plan to exercise Thursday?
This year was my third year participating in the TXU Turkey Trot 10K, benefitting Sheltering Arms Senior Services, and I will go ahead and say that this was the coldest year yet. Though I thought about complaining about how cold it was outside, how tired I was, and how much traffic I was stuck in, I decided to be thankful for the fact that I have two healthy and strong legs that allow me to run 6.2 miles.

I had to laugh when I googled "TXU Turkey Trot 2013" and this image from 2012 came up!
The race was a lot of fun, and I finished right around 50 minutes, and I saw some really fun turkey/pilgrim/Indian costumes as well. One of these years I am going to dress up!

6. Do you prefer ham or turkey?
Turkey, for sure. 


7. Will you shop on Black Friday?
Heck. No. For one, I do not like that stores are open on Thanksgiving Day, and two, while it's not that I mind the fact that people go shopping the day after Thanksgiving (because let's be honest, there are some great deals out there), but it makes me so sad to read about the fights, injuries, and even deaths that occur on Black Friday, one day after we have just given thanks for all that we have.

8. Do you take a nap on Thanksgiving?
I did take a little cat nap today while I was supposed to be studying for my PPR exam, but I don't normally take a nap on Thanksgiving, which is surprising, because turkey is definitely the food of which I eat the most.

9. Share one dish that probably won’t be on anyone else’s table.
My mom's green bean casserole. Though I can't eat it, it always seems to be a hit.

10. What are you thankful for today?
For a list of what I am thankful for, see this post.

I hope to check in with you guys again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS