Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Funday

It's another mild winter day here in Austin, and I could not be happier about it. My idea of cold weather is wearing jeans and a light sweater, and this weather is just about perfect for that outfit combination.

My day started off on a great note - with a workout! I woke up just before 8:00am, and I quickly got changed and was speeding up my treadmill by 8:10am. I ran just over three miles:


before completing most of my January Arms workout. I was in and out of the gym in exactly an hour, when I came home to shower, fix breakfast, and get ready for an 11:15am church service.

Breakfast

I know that y'all are way bored with the same old breakfast, but it's just become such a staple of my morning routine that I just can't bring myself to change it. So, until the time comes when I find a new go-to breakfast, scrambled egg whites and spinach will be here for your viewing pleasure.


Church + Lunch

Dylan and I attended an 11:15am church service, followed by a delicious "home cooked" lunch at Threadgills with his mom and brother. 

(Source)
I had never been to Threadgills before, but I pass by it all the time, as there are multiple locations, and I would be quick to recommend it. It's a very fun and unique atmosphere - live music - combined with an extensive (and delicious) menu. We all ordered something different, and each one of us cleaned our plates. I don't have a picture of my meal, but you guys can use your imagination to paint your picture of my food in your mind. I went with the grilled tilapia with a side of steamed broccoli and steamed asparagus. It was delicious and filling, and I can guarantee you that I will be back there in the near future. 

The remainder of my afternoon will be spent doing some meal prep for the week,


and maybe a little bit of reading and relaxing before I hit the ground running tomorrow. Not a bad Sunday, and I hope yours is filled with a little bit of extra joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS