Friday, January 10, 2014

Weather Wimps

On my way home from the gym this morning, I heard on the radio that we are becoming "weather wimps," and that we have grown accustomed to complaining about the weather. I certainly couldn't deny that statement, as I find myself complaining when it is both cold and rainy, and even though I try not to complain when it's hot outside, sometimes I get so sweaty from simply existing, that I can't help but complain. The moral of the story is, yes, I am a weather wimp, and my favorite weather is sunshine and temperatures between 70 and 90 degrees.

On another note, I survived my first week as a student teacher. Today was a lot of fun, as I really got to engage with the students as they were picking colleges and doing research in the library. I also learned how to use the hi-tech copy machine, and though I started to feel the week catching up to me late this afternoon, I can honestly say that it has been a great week. One down, eleven to go!


Workout

Though I didn't necessarily want to get up this morning and workout, I knew I wouldn't want to after school, so I made myself get up and out of bed so that I could head to the gym to get in a workout before spending a full day at school. Once I got moving, I wasn't so tired, but it's that initial "I hate my alarm" feeling that makes me want to pull the covers right back over my head.

I completed this "crossfit-esque" workout that looked like this:


It took me right around 50 minutes to complete, and for the crunches, I switched it up every other time so that I was doing regular crunches every other round, and switched up my routine with bicycle crunches,


(Source)
v-sit crunches, 


(Source)
and the Russian twist. 


(Source)
It was a great workout, and I left ready to greet the day. I wish I could say I had some really exciting Friday evening plans, but in all honestly, I plan on lounging around the house, doing some last minute organizing, heating up some dinner, and maybe even do some pleasure reading. It is sure to be the last little bit of pleasure reading I will have time to do this semester. I hope your Friday has been a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS