Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Treadmill Workout

This morning started off bright and early, as I squeezed in a workout BEFORE school today. I'm hoping to do a lot of that this semester, but something tells me I will crave sleep a little bit more than a morning workout, especially as the semester goes on. For now, though, I've got some sleep stored up from the break, and since it's still pretty quiet around the Clubhouse and in Austin in general, I can get to sleep early and get up early with no real problem. Fingers crossed that it stays that way!

I have a quick incline treadmill workout to share with you guys, that is sure to be a challenge. Walking or running on an incline activates more muscles, which keeps the calorie burn high even though you're moving slower than you might be if you were running at a steady pace.

I modified the speeds on this treadmill workout from SHAPE.com, but here is what my early morning treadmill workout looked like:


I covered about 3.2 miles with this workout, and I rounded out my incline workout with one mile at 7.2mph. It was a good one, and it geared me up for a great day at school. Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS