Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hump Day

I can now say that I truly understand the meaning behind "hump day." I have officially made it through half of the work week, and though I still have one dreadfully long Thursday ahead of me, my week is on the downhill. And I mean that in terms of quantity, not quality. Today was an especially good one, as my teacher took advantage of the beautiful January weather and decided to hold part of class outside. It worked out perfectly with the day's assignment, and since these classes will not become my responsibility (and because I haven't read either of the books they are discussing), I simply got to soak up the sunshine while enjoying a book on my Kindle. I am almost 3/4 of the way done with it - not bad for just starting it today!

The book recommended to me by one of my students (Source)
Workout

This morning started bright and early (let's hope this turns into a habit!), and I even woke up before my alarm was scheduled to go off - that's what a 10pm bedtime will do to you!

I was on the treadmill by 5:48am, where I completed this 36-minute treadmill workout, covering just over 4 miles,


before moving over to the free weights area to complete this 20-minute upper-body workout.


I did three rounds of the first five exercises, resting about 20-30 seconds in between, and finished my workout with three sets of barbell bicep curls. Not a bad way to start my day! And I would post about my breakfast, but I'll give your eyes a break from the usual pictures, as nothing has changed from previous day's breakfasts. What can I say, I'm a creature of habit!

And I'm currently posting up in the north Austin Barnes and Noble, killing time before meeting up with some of my YoungLife girls at Amy's Ice Cream. A marathon day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS