Thursday, May 15, 2014

Graduation Festivities

Happy Thursday! This week has just FLOWN by, but that could have something to do with the fact that I am graduating from The University of Texas in t-2 days. So, there's that. 


However, the graduation festivities actually began today for me, as I attended the UTeach Liberal Arts Graduation Reception this morning in the Student Activities Center. I liked that it was short, sweet, and to the point, yet our completion of the program was still celebrated.

The best unit map group there ever was

I had to laugh when I left my house in plenty of time this morning to make it there by 9am, but I had multiple parking issues, which is so typical of UT. There's a lot of things about UT that I will miss, but the frustrating parking situation is absolutely not one of them. I absolutely hate running late, especially to my own graduation, but thankfully our professors have been around long enough to account some time for that.


So, both the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts, and our professors in the program said a few words, each graduate walked the stage and was presented both a certificate of completion as well as a teacher survival kit, which I have absolutely no doubt will come in handy for me next year.


It was a great start to what will probably be a crazy next couple of days, what with family and friends being in and out of our house at all times. But no worries, we buckled down last night and hardcore cleaned our house, so maybe our visitors will think we keep it this clean all the time!

Breakfast & Workout

Although we were told breakfast would be served at the reception, I was worried about whether or not I will be able to eat said breakfast, just because you never know what was cooked with some sort of dairy product. It was easy enough to remedy that dilemma, as I scrambled up some egg whites and spinach, and topped it with salsa. I know, you're all shocked about that one. I'm pretty predictable.


I ate it alongside a couple of cuties before making my way over to campus.

After the ceremony, I quickly shed my dress and wedges for Nike shorts and tennis shoes, and headed out the door to make my favorite loop around Town Lake. It was an absolutely beautiful day today in Austin (fingers crossed that it stays this way on Saturday!), and I knew I had to take advantage of it.


After my walk, I ran a couple of errands, set out to work on cleaning our bathroom (I swear, our house has never been so clean), before walking over to Gregory for an afternoon swim. I was feeling pretty tired at this point, probably because I went to bed a bit too late last night, but I knew after my swim I could take a little cat nap in one of the lawn chairs, which is exactly what I did. And now I'm off to lounge on the couch, either with a book, Pinterest, or a good movie. Last night of relaxation for a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS