Friday, May 2, 2014

Things I'm Loving Friday III

Happy Friday!

I write this from my couch in Houston (I feel as though I have been saying that a lot lately), as I am Houston for another interview that took place this morning. I took my car to the shop, as I was quite overdue for my inspection, and it turned out that I was also in dire need of some new brakes. Perfect timing!

Anyway, I didn't do much today after my interview - I guess those things just take it out of you! The plan is to head back to Austin sometime tomorrow, and all that's on the agenda for tonight is cheering on the Rockets to what is hopefully a game six victory. But without further ado, I will take another step in getting back on my blogging game with another round of Things I'm Loving Friday.

Life of Pi

I purchased this book way back over spring break, on a whim when Dylan and I were in Barnes & Noble and he told me I would like it. I purchased it, mainly because it was on sale, but I didn't think much of it until a few weeks ago when I saw it on my shelf in my room. I picked it up, took it to work, and couldn't put it down. Though I didn't necessarily like the fact that Christianity, Hinduism, and Islam were all considered to be "the same," in that they all believe in God, my main takeaway from the book was that things aren't always reasonable, and that we just have to have faith. The symbolism in the book is just beautiful, and the next item on my list is watching the movie.
(Source)
Simple Pleasures

This article from Thought Catalog encourages us to celebrate the simple joys rather than focusing on the negativity.

Chocolate Dipped Coconut Luna Bars

I mentioned in my last post that I fell in love with Chocolate Dipped Coconut Luna Bars while in Washington D.C. So much so that I ordered a 15-pack of them to be delivered to my house in Austin. You guys probably know by now that I a big-time chocolate fan, and I have recently acquired a liking for coconut, so a combination of the two is basically unbeatable. And it contains the "Core Four" vitamins and minerals - Iron, Calcium, Folic Acid, and Vitamin D. Even better!
(Source)
Tuesday Dates

Dylan's and my schedules this semester have been so totally opposite, thanks to work, student teaching, and Thursday night class for the both of us. So our weekly Thursday dinners turned into sporadic meals together (not that they weren't special, nonetheless). So, I've been a little bit spoiled these past two Tuesdays when the stars aligned and we were able to have a lunch date at The Steeping Room in the Domain,


and a quick dinner date at Maudie's Tex Mex in the Triangle. 


Skinny Sheryl's
I'm always thankful for a shared meal with him!

Dairy-Free Chocolate

I have been very vague about the specifics of interviews and career fairs, only sharing that I have had a couple of them, but that is because I don't want to jinx myself - I promise that when I get hired I will share the excitement with all of you. Meanwhile, this is a whirlwind of a season for me, and I will never turn down some dairy-free dark chocolate with a little added flavor to it as a coping mechanism for any stress or anxiety I may experience throughout the process.


And with that, the Rockets game is calling my name. I hope your Friday kicked off what is sure to be a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS