Thursday, May 8, 2014

Return To Normalcy

“Happiness is only real when shared.” – Into the Wild

WOW! Before I go any further with this post, I just want to extend a very heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you who took the time to read yesterday’s post (I had quite the spike in page views J), and who offered up congratulations and shared in my excitement. Y’all made it so much fun to share the news, and I could not be more grateful for all of the incredible people I have in my life. Y’all are awesome, and my blog thanks you, too!
 
Thanks for reading, and for sharing my excitement! :)
Anyway, I’ve taken a little hiatus from my regular fitness and food posts, so let’s get back into that, shall we?

Workout

I have been doing quite a bit of swimming lately, just because it’s so easy to walk there after I get off work at SRD (now that I no longer have a bike to ride – but that’s a story for another time), the weather has been just perfect, and I love the fact that swimming is a low-impact cardio workout that activates all the main muscle groups in the body. Sometimes a little break from running is so necessary! Anyway, I decided to do something a little different yesterday, so I did a 30-minute upper body workout that focused a lot on  biceps and triceps, so you better believe I am feeling it this morning (though that might also be attributed to the fact that it’s been a while since I’ve done any sort of upper body work).

I followed that up with a spin class that left me nice and sweaty. I really enjoyed this spin class (as much as you can enjoy a spin class, right?), and time seemed to fly. This 20-minute segment was probably my favorite, as we started out finding a level four on the bike, and maintaining a decent speed – not quite a sprint, but faster than a casual pedal stroke – for one minute. We got one minute of rest after that, and continued on with round two, which was the same first minute as round one, followed by one minute of a standing jog. Again, we got one minute of rest before moving onto round three, which was round two plus one minute of a seated climb. One minute of rest preceded round four, which was round three with a final minute of jumps, which alternates between a seated and standing position. So, we would sit for four seconds, and then stand for four seconds, doing that combination for a minute. Again, we had one final minute of rest before our final round, with a surprise fifth minute. Minutes one through four were identical to the first four rounds, with a one minute sprint on a hill to end that chunk of the class. Like I said, time flew by, and I left feeling like I got in a great workout.

Breakfast

I absolutely planned on blogging about last night’s dinner, but I guess I got too hungry and wasn’t about to pause in order to take a picture. So, let’s go with breakfast instead. Today’s breakfast was the same ol’, same ol’ – scrambled egg whites with spinach, paired with a side of strawberries.





Maybe one of these days I will become more adventurous with my breakfasts, but that day is clearly not today. I also hope to have a few new recipes for you in the coming week, so let’s hope I keep my word on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS