Friday, May 9, 2014

Things I'm Loving Friday IV

Friday, how SWEET the sound! You guys know that I am a naturally early riser, but I am so looking forward to not having to set an alarm tomorrow, and just waking up when my body wakes me up. It is also such a relief to not have to drive home to Houston this weekend – it is my first weekend in Austin since the very beginning of April. It’s been a whirlwind!

Anyway, let’s move on with another rendition of Things I’m Loving Friday. This just might take the place of Survey Sunday (since I have clearly taken a break from that one), so it’s something new to look forward to.

Harry Potter Stamps

I can thank my volleyball coach for letting me in on this little secret. She knows that I am, and I will certainly not deny this, a huge Harry Potter nerd, so when she found out about the USPS release of limited edition Harry Potter Forever stamps, she quickly informed me. I wasted no time in ordering a packet of them, because I knew they would come in handy with my love of letters. They have come in handy lately, as I have been writing some thank-you notes here and there, so you better believe I have been using them to stamp my letters. We may be 8 days away from graduation, but that doesn’t mean I have to grow up, right?




20 Things I'd Tell My 2o-Something Self

I’m not sure if I’m truly a sentimental person, or the fact that graduation is so close is getting to me. Maybe a little bit of both? Whatever it is, I love reading articles such as this one, where people who have been there, done that reflect on what they would say to their 20-year-old selves. This entire article is worth a read, but here were a few of my favorite points:
1.       You can be good at lots of things.
I particularly liked this point because English and fitness are two very different things. However, this blog has allowed me to combine my love for the two. I’m allowed to be passionate about both things; I don’t have to choose just one.
2.       Read the historical markers.
Savor even the seemingly insignificant moments.
3.       People aren’t thinking of you nearly as much as you think they are.
This one hit home for me, as I constantly struggle with the idea that I have to live up to certain expectations that no one but myself has placed on me. And what’s more, it’s not that people don’t care, but they are far more worried about their own problems.
4.       At the end of the day, it’s between you and God.
Life is fleeting. God is not.


I told myself that after my half marathon, I would treat myself to a new pair of running shoes. So, when Dylan and I found ourselves at Dick’s Sporting Goods one afternoon, I couldn’t help but check out their selection of running shoes. I tend to over-pronate when I run, which means I require shoes with a little extra support (which typically cost a little extra money). They’re well worth it, though, as these shoes are extremely comfortable, provide that necessary support, and come in a very electric pink color. I have never worn Brooks before, but I am slowly learning to step out of my comfort zone, and not buy the first pair of shoes I try on.
 
(Source)
Elementary School Friends


If there’s one thing I’ve learned in college, it’s that keeping up with people is hard. It takes work. It’s not as easy as seeing your friends every day at school, even if you do attend the same college. This is the case with a lot of my old friends, as we are all so busy, and our schedules just don’t quite match up. So, it is always nice when schedules match up, and you are able to enjoy some long-overdue catch-up time. It's even better when it happens by the lake on a beautiful evening!



Homemade Pop Tarts

Completion of the 15th grade calls for something sweet, right? Dylan NEVER lets me bake him anything, so when he said he would accept baked goods once he was finished with his last final, I was not going to pass up that opportunity. I was inspired by the homemade pop tarts at Ted's Bulletin in Washington D.C., and though mine certainly aren't that pretty, I was assured that they tasted good, and that's all that really matters, right? Recipe to come later today!



Enjoy your Friday - I hope it's a great one! Check back in a little later today for a new recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS