Monday, November 12, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Happy Monday! It is a beautiful day here in Austin, Texas, and though I will probably be tired of it in about a week, I am just loving the cool weather we have been blessed with today. There's a definite chill in the air, but the sun is still shining, making it very bearable to be outside. If only the weather could stay like this all winter!

Breakfast + Workout + Lunch

Since I went to sleep pretty late last night after formal, I was going to let myself sleep in a little bit before getting up to work on the homework that I neglected all weekend. I ate some almond butter granola for breakfast, worked on some homework while letting my breakfast settle, and finally hit the gym around 10:30am. 


I wasn't sure what I was in the mood for workout-wise this morning, and I eventually decided on my 39-minute hill workout. My speed on the hills varied a little bit from the first time I completed this workout, but for the most part it was pretty similar. I did end up completing a 10-minute cool down this time, bringing my total distance to just over five miles. Lately my runs have been between two and four miles because I have been focusing on increasing my speed, so it felt good to push myself a little bit this morning.

After a quick shower, I fixed myself some lunch before heading off to class. My lunch was pretty basic; I just sauteed some chicken and threw it in a bowl with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, and salsa. Paired with a side of grapes and veggie chips, I enjoyed a pretty great lunch.

Young Life Formal

As I mentioned yesterday, we had our big Young Life formal last night at the Thurman Mansion in Driftwood, Texas. I will dedicate an entire post to this, but I'll leave you with a few fun pictures for now. One of my teammates has most of the pictures on her camera and she has a crazy week this week, so once I get those pictures, they will be shared with you all. I will say that it was a really great time and I realized just how wonderful it is to be part of this UT Young Life community. They did a great job with it and it was the perfect break from the craziness of school.

4/8 of the Clubhouse before formal
Patrick, me, and Aimee
Aimee and I love selfies
Wyatt, me, and Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS