Thursday, November 8, 2012

39-Minute Treadmill Workout

Yes, 39 is kind of an odd number for a treadmill workout. I guess I could have cooled down for an extra minute and made it an even 40, but, I didn't. If you want to though, you can definitely make it an even number. 

I received an email from Active.com, and I usually glance at the subject line and delete them, since they usually don't apply to me. This one, however, caught my eye, as it had "3 Offseason Treadmill Workouts" in the subject line. I saved it for a day when I didn't know what to do at the gym. That day was today.

The one I chose to do was the Treadmill Cruise Hill Repeats. The main set called for 4 sets of 5-minute hill repeats, with a warm-up, short sprint section, and cool down to balance it out. Here is what my 39-minute workout looked like tonight:

The warm-up jog is supposed to be anywhere from 8-10 minutes, and the cool down is 5-10 minutes of easy jogging. I chose to stop after 5 minutes because I had already hit four miles, but you could definitely go on for longer if you wanted to. Let me know if you try it out and if you vary the speeds at all. I was unsure of how fast I should be running on the incline, but these speeds seemed to work well for me!
Who doesn't love this throwback?
After my quick gym trip, I walked on over to HEB to do some Thursday night grocery shopping. It's both a blessing and a curse that my gym is located right behind the the grocery store. It makes it easy to go there for a couple quick things, but it also makes it easy to go there for a couple quick things. You know what I'm saying? Anyway, I actually had some major shopping to do, as I was down to my last everything. No more meat, no more oats, about one spoonful of peanut butter left - you get the idea. I made a list of what I needed today during one of my classes - sorry mom and dad - but I obviously added a few more things once I actually got to the store. The good news is that I shouldn't have to make any major grocery store trips any time soon!

Now I am doing some laundry and baking some hot chocolate brownies for campaigners tomorrow. We'll see how they turn out!


Enjoy your Thursday night! It's almost the weekend! Any big plans?
  • I am bummed because I am missing out on the Houston Ballet and Nutcracker Market for the first year in quite a while. I am attending a teacher convention of some kind on Saturday from 9am-noon at the recommendation of my cooperating teacher at Lake Travis Middle School, and Young Life formal is on Sunday night, so a trip home just didn't quite work out this year. Oh well, next year! If you are in Houston - DO NOT MISS OUT! It is seriously one of my favorite events ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS