Sunday, November 11, 2012

Survey Sunday

Happy Sunday! And a Happy Veteran's Day to all those who serve and fight for this country every day. We salute you and are so thankful for all that you do. I apologize for keeping this survey pretty short, but it has been a crazy weekend!
Yesterday started out with a NCTCE conference in regards to Texas' recently acquired STAAR test. My teacher at Lake Travis thought it would be useful for me to attend, and it was very useful, though one teacher commented that by the time I am an actual teacher, it will probably be something different. The STAAR test is already so different from when I took the TAAS and TAKS test, so I can't even imagine what new thing they will come up with next.
After I returned home, I did a little bit of homework, a lot of baking, and a quick swim that functioned as my workout for the day. I fixed a quick dinner after returning home from the gym before getting ready for the night's festivities. Yesterday was my friend Emily's 21st birthday, and we hosted a surprise party for her at the Clubhouse. Emily and I were RA's together at SRD last year, and though I am not living with her this year, it is still good to get to see her and catch up. She is having a crazy year as a nursing student, so I think she really enjoyed the surprise. It was great to see some of my friends that I hadn't seen in a while - school and other activities can really keep you busy.
SURPRISE!
Emily and I on her birthday last year 
RA love 
So much love for these beautiful girls!
This Survey Sunday has unfortunately been filled with the homework that I neglected yesterday. I am hoping to get a good chunk of it finished before I head out to our Young Life formal tonight. My team is eating at The Salt Lick, and since I have never been there before, I am very excited. The theme is God Bless America, and it should be a lot of fun. I can't wait to share the pictures with you guys! Anyway, without further ado, here is your weekly dose of Survey Sunday.
Food
 1.  Top Favorite Desserts
  • Frozen yogurt topped with all kinds of fruit
  • Vegan pumpkin bread with carob chips
2.  Top Favorite Spices To Use In The Kitchen
  • Garlic powder
  • Lemon pepper (does that count as a spice?)
  • Oregano
3.  Top Favorite Healthy Snacks
  • Apple and peanut butter
  • Homemade peanut butter and banana oatmeal bars
  • Kettlecorn / popcorn
Fitness
1.  Top Favorite Treadmill Workouts
2.  Top Favorite Group Fitness Classes
  • BodyPump
  • Spin with Felipe
  • Core, Buns & Abs with Felipe
3.  Top Favorite Muscles To Work Out
  • Abs
  • Quads
  • Triceps
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday - I hope to check back in with a post about formal within the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS