Saturday, November 17, 2012

God Bless America

I mentioned last Sunday that I was attending Young Life formal that night, and I gave a short snippet about it on Monday, but now that I have some more pictures to share with you guys, I'll describe it in more detail.
Natalie, Sarah, me, and Emily 
Roomies 

A lot of my roommates also went to formal, so we made sure to snap a few pictures of the time when we were all dressed up for once, instead of sporting our usual nike shorts and t-shirts. Well, maybe that's just me!

After some quick pictures, I headed out to meet up with my team so we could carpool out to Driftwood, Texas for dinner and the formal. We ate dinner at The Salt Lick, a legendary barbecue joint here in Austin, and it was phenomenal. It was my first time to eat there and I cannot recommend it enough - the food was delicious and the atmosphere was a lot of fun. I opted for the turkey sandwich, and though I started to get full after just half of it, it was too good to not finish. I was left feeling extremely full, but it was definitely worth it. I danced off the extra calories, anyway!
Amazing bread
Loaded turkey sandwich
Once we paid the bill, we headed about five minutes down the road to the Thurman Mansion and hit the dance floor immediately. I had a great time dancing with my team, my roommates, my small group, and other Young Life friends. The music was perfect to dance to - One Direction and Taylor Swift, anyone? It was really a great time and I was once again reminded of how great the Young Life community really is.
Alyssa, Aimee, me, and Kayla
The real us
The team minus Blaze and Wyatt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS