Sunday, November 25, 2012

Jumping Fence

Today I got managed to get myself to the gym to complete what I thought was going to be a five-mile run. After about 2.5 miles I was more than ready to quit, so I went and laid in the ab corner did some ab work before getting the strange urge to do some hill training. The MAC is conveniently located right next to my high school, so I made the decision to take the rest of my workout outside. Well, the main parking lot was completely blocked off, and though I saw people using the tennis courts, I couldn't figure out how to get through to the hill, so I decided I would try back later.
Feared it in high school, but now I enjoy taking my workouts here from time to time
Later rolled around and the parking lot was still blocked off, so I drove around for attempt number two at running the hill. Again, I saw a family playing tennis, and they informed me that I was going to have to jump the fence. I laughed as I did this because it reminded me of the time two of my friends and I climbed the fence and snuck into the Nottingham Forest Club, but that's a story for another time. I successfully made it over the fence and was met with this beautiful sight to aid me in my exercise endeavors.

It was the kind of night that made me want to freeze frame time - a colorful sky, a breathtaking sunset, and a slight breeze, what more can you ask for? Anyway, I trekked across the practice field to the dreaded hill and here is what my workout looked like:

I was surprised at how tired I was at the end of this workout. I was huffing and puffing but I loved it. I love workouts that challenge me and put a little variety into my workouts because that's what keeps me coming back for more. I anticipate many more workouts on this hill come Christmas break - suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS