Sunday, April 26, 2015

Compilation Survey

After an absolutely (and unexpected) beautiful Saturday, I've got a random compilation of questions for you guys this Sunday.

1. How do you like your steak? 
Medium rare. Anything else just isn’t Texan.

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? 
I’ve admitted before that I’m pretty bad about going to see movies at the movie theater. So with that being said, I honestly can't remember the last movie I saw in theaters. I have been meaning to see the movie Unfriended, as, one, it was a movie all of my students were talking about prior to its release, and two, it's one that I think would really hit home for some of them. Maybe today I'll venture out and see it.

3. What is your favorite TV show? 
Boy Meets World or Friday Night Lights. Two absolute classics. But you certainly can’t forget about Full House, either.


4. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? 
I’m a Texas girl through and through, but if I had to live somewhere else for say, a couple of years, I would probably choose California, Hawaii, or London. Three of my favorite places.

5. What did you have for breakfast?
Some of my banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffin dough. Can't get enough!

6. What is your favorite cuisine? 
Mexican, or American. But I also love Italian and Greek food. I don’t really discriminate. Though I used to reject anything that wasn't chicken fingers and French fries.


But quite honestly, a sandwich will always hit the spot
7. What foods do you dislike? 
Sushi. Even though I did try raw fish while in San Francisco. And I liked it! But it was probably a one and done type of experience.

8. Favorite Place to Eat? 
Hungry’s. It’s the Stratford America go-to, and one of my forever favorite restaurants. 



9. Favorite dressing? 
Balsamic Vinaigrette. I eat it every day on my salad!

10. What are your favorite clothes? 

Is it bad to say that my favorite clothes are workout clothes? But if we’re going real clothes, maxi dresses are both cute and comfortable, and you can’t get much better than that. 


I loved that most of what we wore in SF was workout clothes
11. Where would you visit if you had the chance? 
Australia, Switzerland, Ireland, and Greece are at the top of my list these days. 

12. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 
A majority of the time, it’s half full. But we all get bogged down sometimes.

13. Where would you want to retire? 

Sausalito. This is very, very real. 



14. Favorite time of day? 
I’m most productive in the morning and early afternoon. I shut down right around 3:00pm, which makes me realize that teaching is the only job for me!

15. Where were you born? 

Houston, Texas.

16. How many siblings? 
One little brother.



17. Favorite pastime/hobby? 
Running, reading, and baking.



18. Do you have any pets? 
I don’t, but I’ve already vowed to rescue a beagle when I move out of my parent’s house and into my own house or apartment.

19. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? 

On Friday I had my End of Year Conference with my appraiser, and unless something drastic happens, it looks like I'll be returning to Bellaire for a second year! Not that there were really any worries, but you just never know. And I'll raise my glass to that!



20. What did you want to be when you were little? 
I’ve actually wanted to become a teacher since the third grade, but before that I desperately wanted to become an astronaut. I had such a fascination with space.

21. What is your best childhood memory? 
I think playing outside. And biking and razor scootering over to my friends’ houses. There was no distraction of social media or cell phones, and my only cares were how fast I was going to finish that Mad Minute.  



22. Are you a cat or dog person? 
Dog. I took after my Granny in the cat department. 

23. Always wear your seat belt? 
Always. 

24. Been in a car accident? 
I’ve been in a couple. Thankfully, none of them were serious, just enough to shake you up a little bit. 

25. Any pet peeves? 
Tardiness. But I’m sure that’s one you could have answered on your own. And just to switch it up a little bit, I also can't help but roll my eyes at people who mess up your and you're - it's just really not that difficult.


And it happens quite often with my students, unfortunately. Where am I going wrong?
26. Favorite Pizza Toppings? 
Vegetables – zucchini, squash, broccoli, mushrooms – anything, really. Sans cheese, of course!

27. Favorite Flower? 
Tulips or sunflowers, for sure. 

28. How many times did you fail your driver's test? 
I actually didn’t take a driver’s test. I was in that sweet spot where all I had to do was take a written test for my learner’s permit. And though I am actually a very good driver, I’m not sure that I ever would have passed the parallel parking portion. 

29. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? 
Anthropologie, hands down.


That's where this outfit came from
30. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Honestly, the most spontaneous, out-of-the-ordinary thing I've done recently is purchase the orange hat I wore in Napa. I'm a pretty predictable gal, it seems.



31. Like your job? 
I absolutely love it. And for that, I am very, very grateful. 



32. Broccoli? 
Only if it’s cooked! 

33. What was your favorite vacation? 
This is such a tough question. I’m going to go with my most recent trip to San Francisco. It’s fresh in my mind, it was honestly probably the most perfect weekend, and I got to do it all with four of my best friends. Life is G O O D.


And I’ll check back in with y’all sometime this week! Have a great one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS