Friday, April 17, 2015

Things I'm Loving Friday XXX

And we’re back with another Things I’m Loving Friday! But how is it already Friday? Work weeks with a missed Monday always seem both a little bit chaotic and stressful, but it also seems to fly by. I think I am actually mostly caught up with everything that I missed, though, so I am breathing a sigh of relief on that front. I can go into the weekend with my usual workload. Which isn’t that much, before you start feeling sorry for me. So, without further ado, here is what I’m loving this week.

The Happy Goose Shop
I’m not entirely sure how I happened upon this little shop. I started following Lindsay, aka The Happy Goose, who lives in Dallas, on Instagram. I think I found her blog and really liked it, so I decided to follow her posts. Anyway, she just recently opened a most successful online shop, and everything she posts is so incredibly cute. I think I expected the prices to be higher than they are, so I didn’t order anything right away. I quickly learned that the prices are extremely reasonable, though you have to act fast before items go out of stock. A couple of weeks ago I ordered two dresses, a simple white shirt that can be worn with anything, and a lace-bottomed slip to wear under the dresses that I bought. I wore the red dress and lace slip to school the next day and got endless compliments on it. If you are in the market for cute, simple, affordable clothes, this would be the place to go. While nothing will ever replace Anthropologie in my heart, this is certainly a more wallet-friendly option.

(Source)
32 Pictures That Will Give You Intense Elementary School Flashbacks
This BuzzFeed article is probably the most accurate depiction of my elementary school career. Mad Minutes, scooters, the school Book Fair, KidPix, and of course, heads down, thumbs up. Of all the throwback articles I've read, this one definitely takes the cake. The only thing that I believe to be missing? Oregon Trail. The best computer game of all time. 


GoPro
I entertained the idea of asking for a GoPro as my graduation present. I am a big-time picture taker, and I felt like all of the photos that I saw that had been taken via GoPro were just really cool, for lack of a better word. I was talked out of the GoPro (and talked into a KitchenAid, which was admittedly a more practical choice), but over spring break I bit the bullet and ordered myself a GoPro Hero 3. So, it’s not the most up-to-date edition, but for what I was going to be using it, I didn’t feel as though I needed it. I just knew that I had a couple of trips coming up, and I felt as though a GoPro would be something that I would appreciate having. We certainly appreciated having it in San Francisco, because it allowed us to get pictures with the five of us in them, but without having to be those girls who annoyingly ask people to take our picture. Selfie stick for the win, ya know? And once I really get the hang of it, I’m expecting some truly dynamite pictures to come out of it.



Homegrown
I know this isn’t a new song, but the more I listen to it, the more obsessed with it I become. I’ve always been impressed with Zac Brown Band, yet I can never seem to go see them at the rodeo, but this song is one of their best. I know I’m far from living in a small town, but my Stratford America community feels like a small town. And I couldn’t help but think of this song over Easter while I was catching up with some of my high school friends at the crawfish boil I attended. While I will eventually leave, I couldn’t help but take a moment to appreciate where I came from and all that I have around me. I got everything I need, and nothing that I don’t, after all.


Trader Joes Inner Bean
I found these on a surprise trip to Trader Joes. And by surprise I mean that I discovered the Montrose Trader Joes by complete accident while visiting the American Apparel over there. I always love a good Trader Joes trip, so I popped in for a quick visit. I had only a couple of items in my cart, and was pretty proud of myself for that. But then I went down the chip aisle. Typically I avoid that aisle, because I don't even really like chips that much. But Trader Joes-type stores often have some interesting chip alternatives. And I was not disappointed. I was intrigued by the Trader Joes Inner Bean, which claimed to use whole black beans from Canada, so they must be healthy, right? My mom and I both loved them, finishing the entire bag in one sitting - whoops! They're light, crunchy, and have a very light salt finish. We both recommend, and they're practically guilt-free!

(Source)
Dancing With the Stars
Stay with me for a second, here. I used to watch this show pretty regularly, but who has time to watch two hours of television? Especially on a Monday night. That being said, I do catch a dance here and there, because my mom absolutely loves the show. I may or may not have mentioned this on the blog before, but I have a gymnastics obsession. I follow Olympic gymnastics religiously, and I still haven't quite forgiven my mom for telling me that Shawn won a gold medal on her last event. The point I'm getting at here is that I'm obviously rooting for Nastia, as she is competing this season. But I'm so inspired by veteran Noah Galloway, who lost both an arm and a leg in the year 2005. As predicted, dark times followed this life-changing injury. But once he accepted his injury and changed his attitude, he got back out there and became an inspiration to so many. He used a horrible situation and turned it into something good. If you haven't seen this dance, you have to take a couple of minutes to watch it.


And that's all I've got for you guys. See y'all sometime this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS