Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Blog

Happy Sunday, guys! I’ve only got a short post for you today, but let me just give you a quick Saturday update. First and foremost, a workout. I was up late (later than usual) on Friday night, as Sarah and I met up to F I N A L L Y do a Christmas and birthday gift exchange, and, more importantly, catch up on the past month or so since we've seen one another. You would think that living in the same city would lend itself to regular hangouts, and normally it does, but school - on both of our ends - has just been crazy lately. But we braved the crazy Houston weather and ended up sitting and chatting over burgers at Ruggles Green for about three hours. Sunshine on a very cloudy day.

So, I let myself sleep in a little bit this morning, finally getting out of bed around 9:45am. I ate a light breakfast of cuties and a mini Luna bar, and then headed out the door to squeeze in a swim at the MAC. It was relatively uneventful, aside from the fact that I got there (and even snagged my own lane!) and realized that I had left my goggles at home. Shout out to the lost and found bin for saving me on that front.

After my workout and a  quick shower, I made my way over to City Centre – Seasons 52, to be specific – to celebrate the bridal shower of my setter half, Hayley. Remember when she got engaged? Well, she’s going to be a married lady in just 83 days. #macandchurch.



After an enjoyable afternoon, filled with delicious food and great friends, I headed home to get in a little bit of work, before making my way up to school. School? On a Saturday? Yes, it is true. But this time it wasn’t anything school work-related. I had agreed to chaperone Bellaire’s Sadie Hawkins Dance, and though I was cringing at the memories of my own high school dances, and how silly we all must have looked to our chaperones, I had a great time chatting with some of the other teachers and principals. As a student, I always found it funny when I saw my teachers outside of school. Now, I find it funny seeing students outside of school. How the tables have turned.

All dressed up for Prom (which I secretly hope I get to chaperone)

And speaking of seeing teachers outside of school, I ran into one of my all-time favorite former teachers at Randall's on my way home from school - Mrs. Watson. Though we were on the block schedule at Stratford, I was lucky enough to see her every day, as I had her for both government and psychology. I loved chatting with her (and meeting her husband), and she assured me that she is a faithful reader of fitnessandfroyo. Because I know she'll be reading this - Hi, Mrs. Watson! You really were one of my favs, and I hope I can one day have the impact on some of my students that you had on me.

Now, without further ado, here's your weekly dosage of Survey Sunday!

1.  How did you come up with your blog name? 
What got me into the blogging game was my constant reading of healthy living blogs that focused on both quality workouts and healthy recipes. But with a little bit of pleasure thrown into the mix. I knew I wanted my blog to be much of the same, and for a couple years I was absolutely obsessed with frozen yogurt – eating it at least twice a week – so a combination of fitness and froyo seemed like the perfect choice.


2. What is your favorite thing about blogging? 
I have two favorite things about blogging. Okay, maybe three. One, I love getting my thoughts down on paper (or Web browser), and the chance to work through some of the many thoughts that cloud my mind. I also love that it’s something I can look back on at any time, and remember some of my most favorite and random memories. From time to time I reread through different posts, and I laugh at some of the things that made a fitnessandfroyo appearance. I am just glad that my photos have gotten a *little* bit better from when I started. And lastly, I love the reaction that I get out of other people. Call me self-absorbed, but when people tell me that they love my blog or they resonated with a certain post, or even that they read my blog, those comments go straight to the heart. They bring a (pleased and embarrassed) smile to my face every single time, and maybe my blog isn’t the most enlightening or deep or useful, but hey, if even one person is reading what I write, then I’ll keep trucking along.



3. What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now can’t live without? 
I love writing. It sounds silly, but in high school I thought I hated writing. Probably because I saw it as a means of passing a state or national test, and it all seemed so formulaic to me. And literary analysis is not my favorite genre of writing. Though once I actually learned how to do it in college, I disliked it a little less. But now, writing is one of the most therapeutic things I can do. And the fact that so many people enjoy reading what I write? I love that someone can possibly take something away from the nonsense that I put into this blog.

Not my favorite type of writing
4. Facebook or Twitter? and why?
Twitter, for sure. People are sassy, insightful, funny, and sentimental, all in 140 characters or less.

5. If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be? 
What a question! Can it be a blog celeb? Because I think we all know the answer to that question – Peanut Butter Fingers. She is the blogger who inspired me to start my own blog, and though I can only dream of becoming as much of a success as she is, to have her take a look at my blog would be a dream.

6. What is something you want people to know about your blog?
I hope you guys know that it means the world to me and more when y’all read this blog. And while this blog certainly leans toward the light-hearted side, your support on some of the more serious posts is also something that means more to me than I can put into words. This little blog is me in my entirety, and it’s also something that I hope to (one day in the far, far future) turn into a career of some sort. When I was younger, I wanted to grow up and write a book. But I think I like the direction my passion for writing has taken.


And that's all I've got for y'all. I'm thinking of turning this Sunday into one that is both relaxing and productive. There's going to be no school work happening over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS