Friday, April 24, 2015

Things I'm Loving Friday XXXI

I enjoyed three four-day work weeks in a row, and I am on my way to surviving my first five-day work week. Whew! And today is going to be a relatively easy one because my first two classes are quizzing, I'm giving one of my English classes a mini catch-up day, and I'm taking my beloved 7th period to a sneak preview of the Bellaire Belles Spring Show. Because when that's an option on a spring Friday afternoon, you take it. And on that note ...

7 Signs Teachers Know It's Spring
If this isn't THE most accurate representation of what being a teacher has looked like as of late, I don't know what is. Now that the STAAR is over, my stress level has gone down (at least a little bit), and the pressure has lifted. I've found myself telling myself, "Hey, if it takes me a day or two longer than I thought, it takes me a day or two longer than I thought." While I was initially nervous about leaving my kids with a sub for two days, I realized that it really wouldn't be the end of the world if they chose not to do the work that I left for them to complete. Anyway, number two of this article really called my name. Taking attendance means I've had a productive day, and replying to an email? Going above and beyond.


And then you get things like this and have to be a little bit flattered
Shut Up and Dance
Y'all. I'm obsessed with this song by Walk the Moon. Like can't stop listening to it obsessed. I think I played it for maybe 20 minutes straight on my most recent run. I realize the song has been out for a little while, but I heard it on the radio the other day while driving home from school and I couldn't help but rock out to it a little bit (okay, a lot. But I made sure I was far enough away from the school). It's one that you can't help but dance to.



Camp+Out
The founders of this business are huge proponents of YoungLife. YoungLife promises to give you the "best week of your life" when you attend camp, and I can't tell you how many lives have been changed because of YoungLife camp. But camp can be expensive. And that's why Camp+Out gives 10% of each purchase to the featured YoungLife area of the month, so that they can help give every kid the experience of a lifetime. Love and joy and adventure and whimsy. Clothe yourself in some of the most comfortable apparel you'll ever own, and help give middle and high school kids the best week of their lives.


(Source)
30 Day Plank + Push-Up Challenge
Okay, I'll admit that I haven't started this one yet. I was waiting to post it so that we could motivate one another to complete it, you feel me? Anyway, I received an email from Active Insider with this in the subject line and it made me do a double-take. I'll also admit that my track record of sticking with challenges like this is not the greatest. But what I like about this one is that it lets you build up from your current level of fitness. There are no set numbers or time that you start at, rather, it's totally based on you, and going from there. Let's make a virtual pact - we'll start this Sunday. Toned arms and abs, here we come!


(Source)
Houston Rockets
Red Nation or Clutch City - whatever you want to call us, the Houston Rockets are on F I R E! We are currently 2-0 against the Dallas Mavericks as we head to their part of the state for games three and four. Howard and Harden are rockin' and rollin' (fear the beard, right?), and I am absolutely loving watching them play, even if it does mean staying up past my usual bedtime. Rockets forever!


(Source)
Unafraid
Though I don't actually know writer Susie Davis, I feel as though I know her, because she lives in the hills of Austin, I know one of her daughters through YoungLife, and I follow her on Instagram. Her most recent book was released this past Tuesday, and because I happened to be at Barnes and Noble that very night purchasing a book for a student,  I plucked this one off the shelves as well. And holy moly, am I glad that I did. I am nearly finished with the book, and I am absolutely loving it. While my fear may look completely different from your fear, fear is still a burden, and we are all seeking real and true peace.


(Source)
Wilton Nonstick 6-Cavity Donut Pan
Though I'm not usually a huge fan of buying single-use pans (actually, as I write this, I realize that I have quite a few single-use pans), but this one was worth every penny of the seven dollar price tag. Frying donuts, from what I read, is extremely tedious and time-consuming. But baking donuts, on the other hand, is a piece of cake. Especially when you have this donut pan. Simply whip up the dough, pour it into the pan, and bake them for 10ish minutes. And adding glaze gives them that extra feel (and taste). I whipped some up this past weekend to leave in the English lounge on Monday morning, and as of Monday afternoon, all but one were gone. I'd call that a success story! Side note - I never know whether to spell it 'donuts,' or 'doughnuts.' Your input on this issue is greatly appreciated.



And that's all I've got. Have a great one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS