Sunday, May 17, 2015

Clutch City

Raise your right hand if you're sick and tired of this weather. Because I am 50 shades of over it. We got a bit of a reprieve from it yesterday, but the thunder and lightning are back in full force today. I can't be too upset, because I'm currently sitting on the couch with my mom, eating Hungry's and cheering on the Rockets as they try and finish off this series for a spot in the Western Conference Finals. But before we get too ahead of ourselves, let's finish out this series. Because our Houston teams have a way of imploding. But the fact that we're even playing in this game seven is a miracle in itself. But in the words of our very own Rudy T, "You can never underestimate the heart of a champion."


But, before I get too sappy, let's get on with another survey.

1. Chocolate or Vanilla? – Chocolate, always.

2. What would you do with 1 million dollars? What a question! If I’m being honest, I would probably buy myself a new car first. Because as much as I love my car, I would love to be the owner of a dent-free car. I would make sure my parents and family were well taken care of, I would probably go on a little shopping spree, and I would donate money to a charity or two. Possibly something in the education realm, and I would likely write a large check to YoungLife, because it's an organization that has changed my life as well as the lives of so many others.



3. Where is your favorite place to buy groceries? I love Central Market the most, but sadly, I no longer live within walking distance of one. So, I split my time between Randall’s, Kroger, and I’ll even make the occasional HEB trip. 

4. What is your biggest fear? I realized very recently that I am very much a people-pleaser. And while at first glance that seems like it would be a good thing, it can also get me into a lot of trouble. Basically, I fear letting people down, and I also fear that I’ll become complacent and stop dreaming as big as I could.

Dream bigger than the mountains behind us
5. What is the last book you read? I went through a phase a couple of weeks ago where I constantly had a book in my hand. Since then, I haven’t picked up a book in weeks. I just started reading Jon Krakauer’s Into the Wild, and I have quite the list to carry me through the summer.

6. Favorite movie? This question showed up on last week’s survey, so I’ll pick some new movies for you guys. She’s the Man will never get old, Dead Poets Society is a must-see, and to be honest, Mean Girls will always be one of my favorites. And what's a list of favorite movies without Harry Potter? Because Harry Potter weekends are the best kind of weekends.


7. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? I see myself continuing to teach and coach, hopefully still at Bellaire. I see myself continuing this blog, continuing to live a healthy lifestyle, continuing to pursue my love of travel, and gosh I’ll be 28 years old, so who knows what’s in store for me!


8. Romantic or comedy movie? How about a romantic comedy?

9. Last dream you remember? I’ve had some strange dreams lately. Just in that they’re very random, and I wake up thinking about how random the dream I just had was, but I can only ever remember bits and pieces.

10. Have you ever been in a car accident? I’ve been in a few. Fortunately, all parties have walked away one hundred percent okay, but they’re enough to shake you up a little bit.



11. What is the longest friendship you have ever had? Quite a few of my Pre-K friendships are still going strong today. So that makes what, 19 years? In fact, I’m very thankful for all of the elementary, middle, and even high school friendships that I still have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS