Sunday, October 6, 2013

Full Heart

I know that I have made a post with this title before, but I can't help the repeat. This weekend has not only featured some beautiful weather, but this has also been a very relaxing and productive weekend to kick off what will likely be a very busy week for me. Yesterday Dylan and I took a little road trip to San Antonio for the day, and because I hadn't been to San Antonio for a reason other than volleyball since I was a little girl, I was really excited for it. Plus, it allowed us to escape the ACL craziness happening in Austin.

We left Austin around 11am and went straight to Alamo Cafe for lunch. We met up with one of his friends from UTSA and I got to cross a famous San Antonio restaurant off my bucket list. 

(Source)
Everything on the menu sounded delicious, but I eventually settled on the chicken and veggie fajitas. They were excellent, but the star of the show was definitely the homemade tortillas. I probably could have made a meal out of tortillas and salsa, but I didn't want to ruin my appetite for my actual meal.


Tortilla Factory (Source)
After lunch, we drove over to the UTSA main campus and explored the campus a little bit. I have only been on a handful of college campuses, and each one has been such a different experience for me. I always wished I had visited more colleges, just so I could experience the uniqueness of different campuses. UTSA was a lot different than UT, in that it was much more relaxed and compact, but I had a lot of fun walking around.

After our time at UTSA, we drove the maybe one minute that it takes to get to La Cantera, an outdoor shopping mall, in San Antonio. I have heard multiple times about the wonder of La Cantera from Sarah, so I was excited to check it out. I am sure you will all be surprised to hear that I did not manage to walk away from Anthropologie without making a purchase. I don't know what it is about that store, but it's definitely my place. After Dylan so willingly went into Anthropologie, I was pretty willing to go anywhere he wanted to go. Since we are both big-time cookers (and I'm a pretty big baker), we spent quite a bit of time in both Williams Sonoma and Sur La Table. Again, those are two more places where I could blow quite a bit of money.

My feet were about ready to fall off by this point, as thin sandals are not the best way to go when you are planning on doing a lot of walking, so we drove around The Rim, another shopping area, just to check it out, before giving into our hungry stomachs and heading to the original Rudy's BBQ for an early dinner. We shared half a pound of the chopped, and half a pound of turkey, and we finished every last bite. The perfect fuel for a beautiful drive back to Austin, and a great way to end a fun day.

Once I got home, I worked on a little bit of homework before calling it an early night. I was pretty worn out from the day, and I had an early morning wake-up call for the 2013 IBM Uptown Classic taking place near the Domain in North Austin. I really could not have asked for better running weather, as the temperatures were in the 60's, and it was an absolutely beautiful fall morning. The race started just as the sun was fully rising, and though I was a little bit chilly to start to race, I warmed right up. I really enjoyed the course, and I was feeling extra speedy this morning, finishing the 6.2 miles in just under 50 minutes. Not too bad!



I finished the race just before 9am, so I decided to go straight to the 9am church service at Austin Stone. It might not have been my best decision in terms of appearance, but I was glad that I went, and that's all that matters, right? After church, I came home to make myself a second breakfast of scrambled egg whites and spinach. I don't know what it is about running, but it turns my stomach into a bottomless pit.


After an afternoon spent doing grocery shopping, running errands, and working on a little bit of homework, I headed back out to North Austin for our weekly campaigners with my ninth grade girls. A lot of them are more hipster than I will ever be, and are spending this beautiful sunday at day three of ACL, but it was good time with the ones who were there. Plus, you can't beat this incredible view. 



And now I'm going to work on some more homework before heading to team meeting. A pretty good weekend if I do say so myself. Now to prepare myself for what is sure to be another crazy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS