Friday, October 4, 2013

5-4-3-2-1

Happy Friday! I had a nice little surprise when I woke up to an email from my professor saying my one class of the day had been canceled, due to having two sick kids at home. Not that sick kids is anything to rejoice about, but it allowed me to stay in my pajamas and do some much-needed reading.

Around 11:30 I finally changed into some real clothes and headed to the gym to put some miles on my Mizunos. I changed up some of the speeds on this treadmill workout from Iowa Girl Eats, and it ended up looking like this:


I covered just over six miles in 52 minutes, and as you can see, I started with five minutes at one speed, and I continued increasing the speed while decreasing the time until I got down to one minute at 8.0mph. That made the time fly by, and it was a nice way to get in six miles. I am currently signed up for the IBM Uptown Classic taking place in North Austin on Sunday morning, so there's another six miles, in what will hopefully be some cooler weather. We are now less than two weeks after from my departure to San Francisco, and I could not be more excited. I even started making a packing list (because as you all know, I love a good list). Enjoy your Friday - I am currently at an auto shop waiting for a replacement for a burnt out headlight, which is much overdue - but I will hopefully be free to enjoy some of this beautiful Austin sunshine soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS