Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lover of Lists

Happy Hump Day! Will anyone else never get tired of this commercial? It makes me laugh every time, no matter how many times I've seen it. 

Breakfast

Let's start this post the same way I started the day - with a delicious and nutritious breakfast of scrambled egg whites and spinach, with a side of watermelon and grapes. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it was the perfect fuel for a very jam-packed day.


Workout

After my 9:00am class, I hustled back home, dropped my backpack in my room, and headed back out the door to the gym. Once there, I hopped on the last available treadmill and completed this 40-minute treadmill workout, inspired by this workout from Iowa Girl Eats.


I ended up completing 4.65 miles in total, and 4.5 of them were spent running. Not a bad mid-morning run!

I hurried back home where I quickly showered and got ready to head over to Westwood. This will be my only trip of the week, as my teacher will be absent on Friday, but I will be going Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of next week, with my third and fourth lessons being taught on Friday. So while this week is a fairly relaxing one, next week will likely be very hectic. Let's hope I can stay on the better end of the health spectrum this round! Anyway, I ate my lunch in my car - a serving of my chicken and vegetable pineapple dish along with a side of carrots and hummus - and spent three hours observing two Pre-AP English II classes. They are just finishing up with William Golding's Lord of the Flies, and they are getting ready to start a poetry unit. That is almost perfect timing because we are also working on poetry in one of my classes.



List Maker

For as long as I can remember, I have been a list maker. I think it comes with the Type A personality territory. I love structure, having a schedule to follow, and I make to-do lists like crazy. It helps me visualize everything that I need to get done, and everything I need or want to accomplish is all in one place. Plus, I get probably too much satisfaction from crossing something off my list. I am sure that you guys are surprised to learn that I use my planner compulsively, as well. Lately I have found myself making more to-do lists than usual, and that might have to do with the fact that this semester has been pretty crazy for me, and I feel like I am constantly adding things to my list. It's never-ending!


As you can see, my lists range from the mandatory (going to class) to the extracurricular fun things (mailing birthday cards). So there you have it, a look into my life as list-maker, as well as a look into my week. This week's to-do list is a bit more relaxed than what I'm anticipating next week's to look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS