Sunday, October 13, 2013

Survey Sunday Comeback

For those of you who are long-time readers of this blog, you might recognize a little something I like to call "Survey Sunday." I only stopped it because I ran out of surveys that I hadn't already taken, but I found this fun, albeit very random, this-or-that survey to share with you guys. I am sure some of these questions have been answered in previous blog posts, but it's been a while since I've posted one, so hopefully you don't remember any of these answers. Enjoy! And enjoy this beautiful picture that was the result of a night bike ride through campus last night. Doesn't get much better than this. Hook 'em!


1. Waffles or pancakes?
Pancakes. My dad used to make them before we took the TAKS test, and I could easily put away ten of his chocolate chip pancakes. Though I can't eat the traditional "buttermilk" pancakes anymore, I love finding new dairy-free pancake recipes to try, such as this apple cinnamon pancake recipe,




2. Cake or pie?
Confession. I don't really like either one. I am much more of a cookie kind of girl. Though I do enjoy eating chocolate pie, as well as pecan pie.

3. Sneakers or heels?
This is a hard question, because I actually really like wearing heels, but I'm most comfortable after slipping on a pair of my favorite tennis shoes.

Wearing heels does make me feel like a real teacher, though
4. Coke or Pepsi?
I know I've answered this question multiple times before, and the answer is neither. I have never like soda of any kind, though I do like the fun Coke memorabilia.

5. Staples or paper clips?
Staples, for sure. Paper clips are no guarantee that a paper won't escape from the pile and be lost forever. I do like binder clips a lot, though.

6. Hot weather or cold weather?
If I could put the weather from last week in a box and release a little bit of it every day, you would never hear another weather-related complaint from me. My favorite weather would have to be where I could wear shorts and a short-sleeve shirt without sweating, and maybe even add a sweater to that combination when it turns to evening. I really don't like cold weather, mainly because I don't adequately dress for it, so that might be my own problem, but I also don't like wearing a bunch of bulky layers.

7. Grill or oven/stove?
I have nothing against using a grill, it's just that, other than a George Foreman grill, I have never used one. I do all of my cooking using either the stove or the oven, so I'm pretty partial to those two appliances.

8. Mac or PC?
This is another question I know I have already answered, and I am definitely on Team Mac.

9. Glasses or contacts?
Life is good when you have 20/20 vision. But I secretly wish I had to wear glasses, because I think there are so many cool frames out there that really add a lot to an outfit. Fun fact: I used to have some fake glasses that I recently rediscovered. One of my roommates and I contemplated ordering some fake glasses, so when I found my original pair of fake glasses, I couldn't help but snap and send her a picture.

Shameless selfie
10. Android or iOS?
I'm all about the iPhone life, even though the lack of storage space on my iPhone 4 has prevented me from updating to iOS7.

11. Facebook or Twitter?
I definitely prefer Twitter. People have such funny things to say, and I'm not sure if I should be ashamed to say that Twitter is where I find out about a lot of what is going on in the world.

12. Cats or dogs?
Dogs. I find some cats to be cute, but for the most part, I'm pretty allergic to them. I love the playful nature of dogs, and in my future life, I really want to have a beagle. Just please tell me how you could ever say no to this face?


Dylan's is slowly turning me into a tolerant cat person with his mom's sweet and cute cat, Tonks
13. Pen or pencil?
I very much prefer pens to pencils. I think my dislike of pencils comes from the fact that I tend to end up with pencil ink smeared alongside the entire side of my left hand. I almost never use pencils anymore, so when I had to take a scantron test a few weeks ago, I had to spend a significant amount of time searching for a pencil to use in taking the test.

14. Restaurant or cooking at home?
This is another tough question. I generally try to get my money's worth out of the groceries I buy each week, but there are so many good restaurants in both Houston and Austin. Dylan and I have implemented our Thursday Tradition in which we try a new-to-(one of)-us restaurant each week, so that's been fun to branch out from my usual Whole Foods, Central Market, Galaxy Cafe, Food Heads bubble. And whenever I go home to Houston, I usually have such a limited time to hit all of my favorite restaurants, that I generally eat most of my meals out. But I do try to cook a lot of my meals at home. I find myself to be a pretty good cook, after all!

34th Street Cafe
My most recent go-to
15. Digital or analog (clock)?
Digital. It's hard to find me without a digital watch on my right wrist, even if I'm headed to a fancy event. Okay, I might try and put on something that goes with the attire, but most likely not. The few hours that I thought I had lost my watch were a pretty excruciating few hours for me. 

16. Colored pencils or crayons?
Crayons, for sure. I used to hate having to use colored pencils when I was in school (I think because they dulled so quickly), and crayons offer so much more variety in the color department. I prefer markers and colored pens to both colored pencils and crayons, though.
I did use colored pencils to create this masterpiece, though
17. TV shows or movies?
I don't follow any TV shows, and I only have a few favorites that I could watch over and over again, so I'm going to have to go with movies. And that's a pretty limited category seeing as I really only like to watch chick-flicks and sports movies, but I do prefer watching movies to watching TV.

18. Typing or writing?
This is a tough one. I love writing in a journal, and I also like to take all of my class notes in an actual notebook, but typing allows you to get down so much more information in a much shorter amount of time, and it allows you to share it with others. Just like this blog!


19. Throwing a party or attending one?
I'm really weird (and introverted) in that I can be really excited about a party of event for weeks leading up to it, and then when the day comes, I want nothing more than to have a relaxing night at home. I generally always enjoy myself at said party or event, it's just motivating me to get there. That being said, I think hosting dinners and parties (every once in a while) is so much fun. I love having an excuse to make a lot of food and decorate my place accordingly. If I am going to host something, though, I want to be sure that I have plenty of time to plan it, because if I am going to do it, I want to do it right.

The baked goods for a Christmas party Emily and I hosted
20. Sweet or savory?
Sweet. I love fruit, and I really love chocolate, and those things fall under the sweet category. However, I also really love savory food, because I much prefer the entree to dessert. Maybe the real answer is that I just really like to enjoy good food.

Sweetango Apple
And there you have it. Here's to make this Sunday a productive one, although the steady rainfall is going to make that just a little bit difficult!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kelli. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am glad that I could stop by your blog "Fitness and Fro-Yo" and the post of it "Surve3y Sunday Comeback". I am also glad to know that you love the Lord JESUS CHRIST. Well I just would like to share with you the opprotunity you can have of coming to Mumbai, India on a short term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor. I am inthe Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai to work with us during their summer vacation. We would love to have you come with your friends to Mumbai to work with us. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS