Friday, September 14, 2012

Two-Ingredient Pancakes

Rainy days make me want to do nothing but stay curled up in bed. So that is exactly what I did. My alarm went off a little before seven and I immediately turned it off and went back to sleep. I ended up getting up about a half hour later, but that extra half hour was just what I needed to be ready to conquer this busy day.

After finally dragging myself out of bed, I headed to the kitchen to make some two-ingredient pancakes that I stumbled upon while reading various blogs. I was a pretty big pancake lover as a kid, but I have been unable to eat them due to the milk that is commonly found in pancakes. However, these pancakes called for two easy ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen: one banana and one large egg. I added in some cinnamon for a little extra flavor, but they truly are as simple as that. The trick is to cook them over medium heat, and not to get too anxious when flipping them. The other key is to not wait too long, and end up with two black pancakes. Hey, I'm learning! Anyway, I made about five little pancakes and topped them with peanut butter for one delicious Friday morning breakfast. I can definitely say I will be making these again very, very soon! I also hope to experiment with adding more ingredients into them, maybe some nuts or some peanut butter. Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring - you can still enjoy all of your favorite treats!


After making some easy brookies (I know, baking from the box isn't really baking, but when you're crunched for time, it will have to do), I had plans to head over to the gym for an easy workout. However, I received a text message from UT saying that due to threats on campus, everyone needed to evacuate all buildings and get as far away from campus as possible, so I decided to stay at my house and wait for updates and make sure all of my roommates were accounted for. I was home with only one other roommate, but no worries, all eight of us were accounted for after about an hour! We had quite the party going at the clubhouse, as we wanted friends to get as far away from campus as possible. We finally got the all-clear message around 11:30am, and it also informed us that classes were canceled for the rest of the day. Score! At least some good came out of a very scary situation, and I am just so thankful that nothing serious came of that phone call.

After receiving the all-clear, I headed on down the road to the gym to complete a quick workout on the treadmill. I went into my workout thinking I was just going to walk today, but then I found a 35-minute treadmill workout from Carrots 'n' Cake that covered almost four miles. I based my times on hers, but I changed up the speeds so that my workout ended up looking like this:

Now I am off to take a quick shower and maybe complete a little bit of homework before heading off to campaigners! Enjoy the rest of your Friday - I hope that it is a little more calm than mine has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS