Monday, September 3, 2012

Just Another Survey Sunday (Or Not)

Since today is Labor Day, and most of us don't have to go to school or work, it's practically still Sunday, right? That's what I thought! I really could have posted this yesterday, but after church, a swim, preparing meals, some reading.. that put me to sleep.. and driving out to the Lake Travis area to babysit until around midnight, I was just not feeling it. I apologize, and I hope that you will all forgive me. I promise that my next Survey Sunday will be on time.

Here is a very fun foodie survey for your reading pleasure - enjoy!
A: is for Apple, what’s your favorite variety?… Honeycrisp, for sure! When it is Honeycrisp season, my apple consumption goes way up, and I unfortunately fall off the apple-eating wagon when they go out of season.
B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of? Hands down the best bread I have ever had are the baguettes in Europe. I ate a toasted meat baguette every single morning for breakfast, and I miss them so much! In general, the bread over there was just out of this world!





C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!)… Peanut Butter Cheerios

D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?… I actually have never been a big doughnut fan, but if I ever did used to have them, donut holes were my donut of choice. Do those count? I hope so! If not, I would occasionally enjoy a Cinnamon Sugar doughnut.
E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?… Scrambled egg whites and omelets are my current favorite way to eat eggs.

F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?… Can't go wrong with fruits and veggies!


G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase your at?… When I am in Houston, Kroger, for sure. It is close, cheap, and has (mostly) everything I need. There is no Kroger in Austin, but there is an HEB near my house and it even has a little Central Market attached to it.
H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?… I really don't like any hot beverage (lame, I know), but I love just holding hot drinks in the winter time!
I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping… Well, since I can't have ice cream anymore (lactose intolerance), I really do prefer fro-yo, but when I was able to eat ice cream, mint chocolate chip and chocolate were my two favs. I didn't need a topping on the mint chocolate chip, but rainbow morsels were my mix-in of choice when it came to chocolate ice cream.
When we are talking about frozen yogurt, any kind of fruit or nuts are my go-to toppings.

J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?… I am also not a big jam or jelly person, but I do occasionally go through phases where I like putting grape jelly on toast or crackers.

K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?… Kashi Go Lean Crunch - it tastes wonderful in yogurt!
L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?…  I started off with some taboule salad before preparing some tilapia with a side of sauteed broccoli and mushrooms.


M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?… Popcorn, for sure!
The perfect afternoon snack
N: is for nutrients, do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?… Um, all three, please!
O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?… Extra virgin olive oil.
P: is for protein, how do you get yours?… Any kind of meat or fish will do the trick. I also justify eating large amounts of peanut butter because I tell myself that I am just getting some extra protein. I have also recently discovered how delicious quinoa is, and I am looking forward to experimenting a bit more with that!


Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?… I try and I try and I try, but I just do not like oatmeal. However, I have recently fallen in love with baked oatmeal, and that is about the only way I will eat it. I do want to try mixing some oats in with a smoothie, but I am a little unsure of how that will taste!

R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?… I personally have never roasted anything, but I guess chicken? Vegetables? Help me out here people, I'm new to the whole cooking thing.
S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?… I  l-o-v-e  sandwiches, and almost any kind of sandwich will make me very happy. I pretty much love all deli meat, as well as a good chicken sandwich, topped with all kinds of goodies - lettuce, tomatoes, sprouts, black olives, pickles, mushrooms. I used to be a very plain jane sandwich eater - ie, turkey, cheese, and mayonnaise, but now, the more the merrier!
Grilled chicken sandwich
Typical Subway sandwich
Grilled chicken sandwich from Food Heads
Salmon bagel sandwich
T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?… I'll pack a Larabar or two, an apple, a banana, some almonds - obviously, I come prepared. Mainly because I am never sure what the airplane food will be like that day, and if I am even going to be able to eat it. Lactose intolerance problems, I tell ya. My latest traveling endeavors allowed me to enjoy some pretty gourmet airplane food though, so I can't complain too much about that one.

U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?… I am sure a lot of my food combos are weird to other people, but that I find them perfectly normal! I can pair peanut butter with just about anything, and that probably weirds some people out.
V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?… I take Omega-3 Gummy Vitamins as well as some Gummy Calcium Vitamins. I am such an adult.
W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?… Nay.
X: is for XC Foodie, why is she so awesome?… Well, I guess it's time to hop on over and check out this blogger!
Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?… Chicken and rice. My Granny made the best chicken and rice and it was the meal that I requested the most often. I also ate ice cream literally every day after school. Hey, enjoy it while you can!
Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?… Steamed.
Enjoy your day off, if you have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS