Monday, January 12, 2015

Working Woman Grocery List

Well guys, it's Monday, and Mondays can sometimes be hard, going back to school or work after a too-short weekend, but I hope you found something in your day to make you smile. I managed to get a great night's sleep last night (thanks to going to sleep before 9pm), and I got to school nice and early, where I managed to check a few things off of my to-do list. I also made one of my co-workers smile with some of my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Brownie Bars, recipe courtesy of Baker's Royale.




I got all of the grading done that I had intended to do over the weekend, so it was mainly picking up copies, numbering my vocabulary quizzes, and making sure that I had everything ready to go for the rest of the day. 


It was as good a Monday as any, and I managed to beat the gray day with an after school run around my neighborhood. I have been running, running, running, both in an effort to train for my upcoming half marathon (six days!!!), as well as in an effort to keep up with my goal of running 2,015 (but really 1,0007.5) miles this year. I am hoping to sneak in a swim tomorrow to give my legs a little bit of a rest, but it can sometimes be difficult to snag a lane at the MAC, so we shall see!

Anyway, I wanted to pop in and share my "Working Woman" grocery list with you guys. It doesn't look a whole lot different than my "College Student" grocery list, but I don't hold that title anymore (sadly), so I was inspired to share with you guys what I take with me to eat on a typical work day. Obviously, I don't take all of these things to school with me, nor is this an exact list of what I eat each week. This is just a general list of what I might gravitate toward at the grocery store. My list may be a little skewed, as I do live with my parents, so I don't often (okay, hardly ever) make my own dinner. I included items that I would purchase if I were to cook my own dinner because after all, it wasn't too long ago when I was responsible for every meal. But I won't lie, it's kind of nice to step back into that "kid" role again.


You may notice that I do not include fish on this list. I love fish, and I typically order it whenever I eat out at restaurants. I am always a little bit hesitant to cook it up myself, just because I don't want to give myself food poisoning. There's just not time for that! Again, this is a very broad list, and there are certainly things that I did not include on this list, but I hope this is even a little bit of a help to you if you are out in the working world and don't know where to start. Woman cannot survive on Lean Cuisine meals alone.

P.S. For all of my Houston readers, how pumped are y'all for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo concert lineup? I was THRILLED to see that Brad Paisley will be coming back this year, and I am excited about a couple of artists as well. It's almost my favorite time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS