Friday, January 23, 2015

Things I'm Loving Friday XIX

Whew, another Friday is here! I love four-day work weeks, and I not-so-secretly wish we had them every week. Four days of work, three days of play. That sounds about fair, doesn’t it? Anyway, this Things I’m Loving Friday post is a little bit all over the place, but that’s sort of how this week feels, so let’s just go with it, shall we?

I mentioned in last week’s Things I’m Loving Friday post that I have sort of strayed away from the popular Lululemon apparel in favor of clothes, especially leggings and yoga pants, from Athleta. Athleta opened a store near me a couple of summers ago, but I hadn’t checked it out until recently. I tried on a pair of leggings just to see how they fit, with no intention of making a purchase, but I absolutely loved the way they fit my body. They were tight in all the right places, but they were loose enough around the middle that I didn’t feel as though I were being squeezed into them. I’ve worn them recreationally while lounging around the house or running errands, and also while exercising, and I can attest that they are a very versatile pair of leggings. So much so that when they were having a 20% off sale last week, I had to take advantage of it and purchase another pair. Wouldn't you do the same?


(Source)
Kendra Scott Jana Bracelet
When Kendra Scott has a sale, it’s almost like it’s a crime to NOT take advantage of it, right? Just kidding, but just days after my mom and I were talking about how beautiful the Jana bracelet is, she got an email saying that everything in the store was 15% off from 4pm until midnight. So how could we not jump on that sale? I used to not be a watch or bracelet person at all, but now my wrists feel naked without them. This is a very delicate piece, and it comes in just about every color you can imagine. My mom and I opted for the Bright Red, but we also love Slate, Emerald, Chalcedony, and Orange (Hook ‘em!).


Longchamp Le Pliage
I have a longtime love for the Longchamp brand. It started in high school, with my very first purse in the medium sized taupe color, and it has not yet stopped, as I currently have about five bags in this brand. I know, I know. But they’re such handsome, reliable bags. And it probably doesn’t help that when I went to Paris a few years ago, I had the chance to visit the actual Longchamp Le Pliage store on Champs-Elysees, and the prices over there were far cheaper than they are here in America. I have a medium size bag, a large size bag, and a backpack, and I carry them with me all the time. They’re great for traveling because they fold up into almost nothing, and when they’re expanded out into purse form, it’s as if they have an expanding charm on them. Their one downfall is that it sometimes takes me a while to find what it is that I am looking for, but I can fit almost my entire life inside of one. I carry them with me to school, when shopping, and at just about any other time you can imagine.

Rockin' our Longhchamps in Madrid - Summer 2012
I saw this just before I went to sleep the other night, and I made sure to screenshot it so that I could read it at a later time. That later time came the next morning, and I especially loved numbers 2, 4, 5, 11, 13, 19, 20, and 21. I am a very visual learner, meaning I am a student who needs to see to be able to understand. Most of the time. So, these aesthetically-pleasing diagrams are simply brilliant for someone like me.

(Source)
Yes, there pens are a little bit on the expensive side, but they are my absolute favorite pens, tied with my beloved Sharpie pens. They are the perfect “teacher pen,” and they also make me feel a tiny bit artistic, and trust me, I am the least artistic person in the history of the world. They write smoothly, they don’t bleed through the page, and they come in a whole package of pretty colors. Last weekend I was feeling inspired, and I took them up to my elementary school playground and wrote out the things that make me feel the most alive, as per our first small group activity my freshman year of college. And you know felt tip pens made the list.


Dash Cam Cop
I sincerely hope that all of you have seen this by now, but if you haven’t, let this video brighten your day. I was watching the news last weekend with my parents, and they showed this cop from Delaware jamming out to Taylor Swift’s ‘Shake It Off.’ That song is catchy, and evidently this cop felt the exact same way. This video was the first in a series of “DashCam Confessionals,” and you can’t help but smile when watching this video. They filmed it mainly as a thank-you to their local followers on social media, because the more people they have following them on social media, the faster they can get the word out regarding serious or important events in the area, but this video has gone absolutely viral. It’s worth a watch, and it’s something to bookmark on a not-so-good day.
 
(Source)
The Republic of Tea Strawberry Chocolate Red Tea
I am not typically a tea person. It takes a very particular flavor of tea in order for me to drink it. And that flavor is of the fruit variety. I found an absolutely delicious fruit-flavored at the Nutcracker Market, a la Cheers to You, but I have not yet ordered any more of it. So, a couple of weeks ago when I was shopping at Paper Source, I spotted a very cute container with Strawberry Chocolate flavored tea, courtesy of The Republic of Tea. We started off the week with very pleasant, almost perfect, weather, but another cold front hit us yesterday, making it the perfect warm tea weather. The combination of fruit and chocolate (which you guys know I love), is delicious and delectable, and it makes for the perfect healthy dessert flavor. Among many other benefits, red tea contains powerful antioxidants, can relieve skin conditions, and can encourage restful sleep. Three thumbs up in my book!


And that concludes another rendition of Things I'm Loving Friday. Enjoy your day, and have a fabulous (hopefully sunny!) weekend! And before I go, I have to thank you for all of the sweet support and words of encouragement you provided me with after reading my last post. I am someone who would much rather listen than share, so that was a major leap of faith for me. It's funny that Dylan was one of the people who taught me how to be more vulnerable. Life sure has a way of coming full circle, doesn't it? Anyway, you guys are the best, and I've said it before, but you make writing this blog fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS