Sunday, January 25, 2015

A to Z Survey

Another Sunday, another survey, this one focusing on the alphabet. Enjoy!

A. Age?
22, going on 23. There’s a whole blog post to come on my thoughts and feelings about that!

B. Best friend?
I’ve got many best friends, or who I consider to be best friends. From different stages of life, from different places, for different reasons, but here are a few of them.










C. Cake or pie?
I’d have to go with pie. As long as it’s dairy-free, of course!
 
Royer's Pie Haven in Roundtop
D. Day of choice?
Either Friday or Saturday. Friday, because even though I still have to go to school, I can breathe a little easier knowing that it’s the last day of the work week. And Saturday because, well, I’ve got a whole day to myself and the next day is still the weekend!

E. Essential item?
I’m going to have to copy the answer before me – a water bottle. I almost feel lost without my CamelBak.


F. Favorite color?
Pink! But I love most colors – red, orange, yellow, gray. I don’t discriminate!


G. Gummy bears or worms?
Worms, particularly sour gummy worms.

H. Home town?
Houston, Texas. Born and raised. And back here again.



I. Favorite indulgence?
Frozen yogurt, naturally. Pinkberry is at the top of my list, and I am glad to see that another location has since popped up in Houston (next to Whole Foods – a match made in heaven).


J. January or July?
July. I love the prospect of a new year, but the cold, dreary January weather automatically gives July the edge. Plus, July means summer vacation, and you know I won’t be complaining about that!


K. Kids?
Someday, yes, I would like kids. As someone wisely said, “Teaching high school is the most effective form of birth control,” and after teaching for just four months, I would have to agree.

L. Life isn’t complete without?
There are many, many things that are so important to me, but the one on my mind right now is travel. I would gladly live out of my suitcase if it meant that I could see the world and gather up new experiences. Especially being the age that I am – why not travel while I have the least amount of responsibilities that I will ever have?

M. Most valued possession?
Another really tough question. Of course I value my material possessions – my phone, my computer, my clothes – because, let’s be honest, I like having all of those things. They make me feel comfortable, and they sure make life a lot easier. But (and I know this is also a material possession), I value pictures so, so much. I love taking pictures wherever I am because I love being able to look back on them weeks and months and years later and smile at the sweet memories that were made.

N. Number of brothers/sisters?
One little brother who attends that school north of the Red River.


O. Oranges or Apples?
Apples, for sure. I don’t love oranges, but I do love cuties. To me, they taste completely different, and besides, cuties are much easier to peel. They make for an ideal road trip snack. So I guess what I'm saying is, both are wonderful!



P. Phobias?
Escalators. I’ve talked about this on the blog before, and I know this is an irrational fear, but I always have a little bit of fear when stepping onto one, and this is because one of my friend’s dads told me that 70 deaths a year occur due to people falling through loose steps. Not the ideal way to go out.

Q. Quotes?
I love words and quotes and I plan on doing a whole blog post on them one day soon, but for now I’ll share a couple of my recent favorites. And I say recent because I probably find a new quote that I love every single day. I used to be so good about typing them up and printing them out and gluing them into a journal, but for now, I keep them all together on my Pinterest boards.
                1: “There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” – Leonard Cohen
                2: “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” – e.e. cummings

R. Reasons to smile?
Wow, this is one tough question. I have a LOT of reasons to smile, even when I think that I don’t. Too many times I will find myself complaining, and the truth is, I have a lot to be thankful for. I’m in good health, as are my friends and family, I have an incredible job that I look forward to doing (most days), I have a whole lot of love around me, and I know that I have opportunities that some can only dream of having. But, some of the little things that make me smile are –
  • Puppies (especially beagle puppies)
  • Walks at Hermann Park and/or bike rides around my neighborhood
  • 90s music
  • Handwritten letters
  • The perfect Honeycrisp apple                        
  • KSBJ Monday Morning Devotional

S. Season of choice?
There are things I love about every season, but I just really love the carefree feeling that comes with the summer season. Bathing suits and shorts and Chacos and swimming pools and beach hair and spontaneous adventures and watermelon and so much more. It just doesn’t get much better than that.


T. Tag 5 People.
I’m going to go ahead and make the assumption that no one I tag is going to complete this, mainly because I don’t have five blogging friends, but I’ll just list some of my favorite blogs to read.
U. Unknown fact about me?
My brother and I were born in the exact same hospital room. And that happened completely by chance.

V. Vegetable?
I really love most vegetables, and that is not something I realized until I went to college and had a vegetable option at every single meal. I am probably most shocked that I love Brussels sprouts as much as I do, after turning my nose up at them for so long.


W. Worst habit?
I hate to admit this, but I have a bad habit of checking my phone while I am driving. I have gotten a lot better about it, but even still I will use the time when traffic is “slowing down” to see who posted what on Instagram. I’m also extremely directionally challenged, so I do look at my phone frequently so I can know where I am going. Having the new iPhone software helps a lot with that, as it talks to you so you don’t have to look down at a phone.

X. X-Ray or ultrasound?
I’ve never had an ultrasound, and though x-rays aren’t exactly fun, I guess I’ll go with x-ray.

Y. Your favorite food?
This is another really difficult question. My all-time favorite food? I’m just not sure that I can give you an answer! My current favorite food is the quinoa salad with salmon from Hungry’s. I’ve had it twice already this year, and I don’t see myself slowing down anytime soon.



Z. Zodiac sign?
Aquarius. Though with this new system they tried to introduce, I think it might have changed. I still consider myself an Aquarius, on the rare occasion that I do some sort of horoscope quiz.

It's a bit of bummer that we don't have any football to veg out and watch today, but I guess we have the big game to look forward to next week. Though I can't say I'm that excited about it, after all of the speculation surrounding the Patriots. I'm not sure what I believe, but it has kind of taken the magic out of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS