Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Recipe To-Do List

And we're back! Happy Tuesday! Today is my first day back at school for the spring semester (which I'm told moves quite a bit slower than the fall semester, but we'll see), but because I don't have a classroom, I also don't have a homeroom class, meaning I have about 45 extra minutes of free time this morning. So, why not try and crank out a quick blog post?

I was winding down last night - though I still wasn't able to fall asleep until close to midnight, but that's entirely my fault for getting out of my habit of going to bed at 10pm - and I found a (typical) BuzzFeed article titled "45 Healthy Recipes For Almost Every New Years Resolution Diet." It has recipes that fall under the paleo, vegeterian, low-carb, vegan, and gluten-free spectrum. And though I am not specifically any of those things, I always love finding new recipes to try and tweak.

For a very quick post this morning, that will probably make you hungry for lunch, I'll list off some of the recipes from this list that I hope to try. I will not follow every recipe exactly, but that's the fun of trying new things. I can add my own twist to a recipe, and then I can add it to my cute little recipe box that my mom gave me for Christmas. All of the pictures I use on this blog will come from the BuzzFeed article, and I guarantee you the pictures that I take of the food when I make it will not be quite as pretty, but it's not always about how it looks, is it?

Asian Chicken Stir Fry
This recipe is not something that I would normally cook up for myself, which is why I think it appeals to me so much.


Sausage, Kale, and Spaghetti Squash Boats
I love spaghetti squash, and I go through phases where I'll eat it until I'm sick of it, but I often use the exact same recipe. I think this variation will keep my taste buds guessing!


Greek Style Chicken Kabobs
Kabobs are one of my favorite meals, so I have very high hopes for this one!


Asian Salmon and Green Bean Stir Fry
I am a little bit iffy about this one, mainly because I tend to gravitate away toward cooking any seafood for myself, just in case I accidentally undercook it and end up making myself sick. There's just no time for that!


Clean Harissa Chicken Zucchini Meatballs
I am a big-time meatball lover, though I know they are not always the healthiest option. I love seeing a healthy meatball recipe, filled with ingredients that I really enjoy.


Picadillo Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers was a big trend for a while, and it's never something I tried, though that was because I wasn't sure I could make it look as pretty. Executing parts of a recipe perfectly is often harder than it looks!


Almond Oat Banana Crepes
This one, y'all, gets me pumped. I'm not a huge crepe fan, I will admit, but that's often because I know that I won't be able to eat it. I can make a few tweaks to this recipe to make it dairy-free, and it will make a most perfect weekend indulgence!


Brussel Sprout and Apple Grilled Cheese
This one will obviously need the most work, as I cannot have cheese. But stay tuned, because I'll surely think of something!


And on that note, I'm off to get some things ready for my first class of the day - let's hope I still remember how to do this teaching thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS