Sunday, July 14, 2013

Five Mile Sunday

When you wake up in the morning craving a run, you have to act on it. At least, if you're anything like me you have to, because though I absolutely love running, it is often hard for me to find the motivation to do it first thing in the morning.

I woke up without an alarm around 7:40am, but I laid in bed reading Pride and Prejudice until about 8:15am or so. I eventually got up, threw on a tanktop and Nike shorts, ate a handful of grapes (great pre-run breakfast, right?), and headed out the door to Mueller Park. I had it in my head that I would run five miles, mainly to see if I still had that distance in me. My Garmin was dead, but I have the Nike Running app on my phone, and I was notified every time I completed another mile.


I got in my running groove after about two miles, and I managed to complete 5.2 miles pretty easily, though I was a sweaty mess by the end of it. It felt so good to conquer that distance, because I can't even remember the last time I ran that far. San Francisco, here I come!


I got back home around 9:30am, where I got right to work in the kitchen making two batches of my banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins. I sat down to a little bit of reading and journaling, and scrambled up some egg whites and spinach topped with salsa. I guess I am getting back into a scrambled egg white routine.


After doing a little bit of cleaning, I drove down to Town Lake for a leisurely late-morning three-mile walk. The sky started to look a little threatening at this point, which was a nice relief from the blazing sunlight we usually have.

Once I got home, I took a very refreshing shower, did a bit more reading, and made lunch and gathered a large array of snacks to take over to SRD with me. I am working until 10:00 tonight, so snacks are very necessary.

Grilled chicken with grilled pineapple, broccoli, and zucchini squash
I am now going to read Pride and Prejudice until I finish it, which should hopefully make at least an hour or two pass by pretty quickly. Who knows, I may feel inspired (or bored) enough to write another blog post tonight. Enjoy the remainder of your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS